Monday, August 26, 2013

1 year later and a whole LOTTA craziness

a'right...........................
 
okay..................................
 
um...........................................
 
yeah.................................................
 
I have no idea where to even start!!! This week was just straight up bizarre and unusual.
 
For starters, I hit my one year mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, what? yeah! How has it already been a year!! It went by soooo fast. I'm sure my mom probably disagrees :)
 
Also, I'm no longer in Morgan City. Some things happened this week and my companion had to go home. So while that was happening I stayed in Lafayette with the Sisters there, Sister Spencer and Sister Scollan. Then President called on Saturday night to tell us that Hermana Nielsen was now at home and I would not be returning to Morgan City because there was no one to fill the space. So now I'm in New Iberia with Sister Wily and Sister Stennett for the next 3.5 weeks until transfers on the 18th! Then President said I will be returning to Morgan City with a new companion. So now I'm an English sister and in a trio. Seriously! My mission has been so bizarre! I would love to go one transfer without random things happening and in a normal 2 person companionship! haha. But it's been fun! And awesome to be able to serve with so many sisters! I've been thinking that there is no such thing as a normal transfer! Random things always pop up :) Keeps ya on your toes. I've learned to just go with the flow and laugh! Laughing is always WAY better than getting angry or frustrated! Life is always filled with unexpected bumps and curves in the road but that's how we learn and grow to become the person our Heavenly Father wants and needs us to be!
 
So my new address is:
501 Darby Lane #211
New Iberia, LA 70560. :)
But this will just be for the next three weeks.
 
My 2 new companions seem awesome! They are both 19! yay for the age change. One grew up in Hawaii while the other is Hawaiian/Samoan! So that's fun. As for New Iberia, I've only been here since about 9 pm last night. The only thing I've seen this far is lots of fields of sugar cane. I've also heard that the Tabasco Factory is nearby so we'll have to go check it out.
 
During my few days in Lafayette, I had some fun/interesting times. We helped a couple move. I never thought I would help so many people move while on the mission. This is probably the 15th or 16th time that I've helped people move in the past year. But this one was by far the most interesting! We helped a friend of an investigator. The house had been flooded twice and had toxic mold!! so it had been repossessed by the mortgage company. So we had to get into the house and get everything out as quick as possible. We loaded everything into a 18-wheel semi truck! That was bizarre to see a semi-truck in someone's front yard. We wore masks and everything because of the toxic mold. So it was super hot and sweaty due to the hot and humid Louisiana air and the electricity being turned off in the house so no A/C. The whole thing was just bizarre and unusual. I'm not entirely sure if it was even legal to be in the house since the house no longer belonged to them....
 
Okay, I guess that's enough random rambling of my crazy week! I hope everyone else had a wonderful and calm week :) I'm excited to get settled into the new apartment and visit the people of New Iberia!
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment