Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The day has come......

We received transfer calls last night............. and I'm leaving Kenner :(  I head to Baton Rouge tomorrow for the transfer meeting and have no idea where I'm going after that!! It's kind of a crazy feeling. I've been in Kenner now for 7 transfers or 9.5 months! It feels like my heart has been broken into a thousand little pieces yet at the same time filled with excitement thinking of all the new people I get to meet and serve with in my new area. It's crazy that I've only been in Kenner my whole mission thus far. I don't know anything else, but I'm about to. It will be hard to say goodbye to Hermana Walker and Hermana Sagers. I've really loved serving with both of them but they are staying here in Kenner. I've really loved my time in Kenner and truly love the people here! I'm sad to say goodbye! 

As for other things this week...... our week has been filled with meetings and craft projects. 
The week started with meetings and meeting prep. The assistants called Hna Walker and I Monday night and told us that President had asked that we give a 30 minute instruction on obedience at MLC on Wednesday! We were both so nervous! Standing in front of President and Sister Wall, the assistants, the 12 Zone leaders and the 6 other Sister Training Leader for 30 minutes! I was grateful that it was in English though :) We thought other companionships would be doing instructions as well but we were the only ones!!! It went really well and everyone seemed to love it! We based it off of a quote that an Elder had shared with us a few months ago by President Ezra Taft Benson. "When obedience ceases to be and irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." That's a powerful quote! Especially for us missionaries since we have all the mission rules on top of the commandments! So now, every missionary in the mission has been invited to embark to the quest to be perfectly obedient!(side note: many missionaries and missions say exact obedience but that is a scary thought. It leaves no room for mistakes. But perfecting obedience is the constant striving to be exactly obedient while acknowledging that we might fail short. That should not be a discouragement but our motivation to do better and be better every day.) We then had to do the instruction at the English Zone Training Meeting and the Spanish ZTM. (explaination of our meetings- every first Wednesday of the month we have MLC which is the zone leaders and Sister Training Leaders with President then that Friday or Saturday we have ZTM to share what President taught at MLC) 

This week was also consumed to preparation for the Book of Mormon activity we had on Saturday! We have the goal in the ward for every member to read the Book of Mormon by Christmas so we had a big party to start it off! We as the missionaries did all the prep and activities. We decorated the gym and stage to look like scenes from the Book of Mormon. Then we acted out several stories from the Book of Mormon, stopping at the climax of the story so they have to read the book to find out what happens. We acted out Nephi and his brothers getting the brass plates, Ammon cutting off the arms, Samuel the Lamanite, the destruction before Christ came to the Americas, and Moroni burying the plates. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun!!!! 

We didn't have too many lessons this week since most of our time was spent in meetings or preparing for the activity but we did have an awesome lesson with Laura. We started helping her learn how to do family history. Since she just went through herself a month ago she wants to find family names to take to the temple! At first she wasn't a huge fan but her and her nonmember husband started getting really excited as we traced one of the lines back to 500 AD. It was so cool and we were all freaking out! Family History work is so fun!!! And I sure never thought I would say that, but it is! :) 

We also had a former less active go through the temple on Saturday, Hermana Espinoza. We had a meeting that morning so we couldn't go but we were so happy for her!!!!!! 

I sent a picture about it, but Sunday night we had a party at the park for the Elders that are going home this week! It's sad because I've served with Elder Sorenson and Elder Gillett for my time in Louisiana! It's going to be strange to not have them around! They are both incredible missionaries! 

I guess that all sums up my week! Now everyone can make guesses as to where I'm going...... the options are Morgan City, Baton Rouge, or opening a new area...... I'm excited to see where I'm going and I'll let you all know next Monday :)

I have a feeling that it's going to be an emotional rollercoster of a week so send some extra prayers my way :) 

I love you all!!! Thank you for your continual love and support! 

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment