.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ...........MORGAN CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Yup, that's right! I'm down in the bayous in the middle of nowhere! With cell phone service about half the time. I'm in cajun country now! It's been a culture shock of a week but this place seems pretty cool too. It sure was hard to leave Kenner/New Orleans after serving there for almost 10 months but the people of Morgan City have welcomed me right in.
So details:
Hermana Nielsen and I are the Morgan City Sisters!
But we live in Berwick.
So we cross a bridge a least twice a day!
We do about 50% English work since we are the only sisters in the area.
I'm in the Morgan City Branch in the Baton Rouge Stake. In the Layfette Zone.
Since I'm in Morgan City, I'm no longer a Sister Training Leader. So just one exchange per transfer (6 weeks) instead of the one exchange per week!
Our entire church building is about the size of the Relief Society room of the Stake Center in Metairie. I didn't know they made church buildings as small as the one we have!
We have a branch of about 20 people.
That includes English and Spanish people.
Since church is in English, we get to translate everything :)
We are the Young Women's Counselor so we teach YW's every Sunday. As well as teaching the Spanish Gospel Principles class.
Every second Saturday there is a branch temple trip. So we went to the temple on Saturday :)
There are 8 missionaries in the branch including a senior couple. Elder Pratt and Elder Allred (English Elders). Elder Hunt and Elder Haynie (Spanish Elders, E. Hunt was in my MTC district) and Elder and Sister Keller.
So there are 8 missionaries in the whole area, whereas in New Orleans there were 24 :) A little bit different.
The apartment is pretty nice but we are in bug country, meaning, I see bugs quite frequently in the apartment!
My new address is 207 Trevino St Apt #1 Berwick, LA 70342!
Just wanted to make sure everyone could see it so that you send me letters :)
Hermana Walker and Hermana Sagers both stayed in Kenner! I miss them like CRAZY!
I've also decided that my first son will be named Kenner :)
and that's a summary of my new life as a missionary in Morgan City!
Hope everyone has a great week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment