Today is a little unusual because I'm heading back to New Orleans. Not for good, just for a doctor's appointment so there is not much time for emailing today.
This week has been quite the week. We were in Lafayette for 2 days for Specialized Training. This training was on focused service. So as a Zone we all did service all day Tuesday and Wednesday. We helped an investigator repair and paint several mobile homes that he owns and rents. It was an awesome opportunity to get to know the zone better and to serve others. Other than that, we've just been going around visiting people! Trying to meet everyone so I know people.
Also, I translated Sacrament Meeting!!!!!!! Yeah, it was scary. Since we are an English Branch with a Spanish "group," Sacrament Meeting is in English and Elder Hunt and I will switch off every week in translating it into Spanish. It went really well but one speaker used a lot of dates and I need to review how to say different years in Spanish. That didn't go to well! haha. But now I know what I need to work on.
Things are going great as I'm adjusting to Morgan City. It's quite different than the New Orleans area but neither is better than the other. Just different. Down here we are in Cajun Bayou country!!!
This next week there is the "famous" Morgan City Shrimp and Petroleum! Apparently people from all over come to this and it's huge! Hopefully we get to go check it out next Preparation Day!
Sorry it's so short and the only email for today! But I love you all and will share more next week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment