Monday, June 3, 2013

crazy and unexpected week

As always, it's been a crazy and unexpected week in the mission field. I think there is no such thing as a normal week as a missionary. Something always seems to happen, good or bad. This week was even more unexpected than normal. 


On Tuesday and Wednesday I went to Chalmette for my first exchange as a Sister Training Leader. It was a lot of fun to see a different part of the mission and learn from other missionaries. Chalmette is east of New Orleans and was completely devastated by Hurricane Katrina. A day doesn't go by that no one mentions Katrina and the lasting effects. I did enjoy my time with Sister Recksiek though. We spent a lot of time tracking (which is way easier and more fun in English). And we taught a few lessons to some less actives. So all and all, it was an awesome exchange! 
I may have been in the ER on Thursday night.... yeah.... 

I've been having migraines and severe headaches constantly for 8 weeks now. I've seen some doctors and tried some meds but nothing has helped and I'm a little passed exhausted from dealing with it all. I had a Zone meeting with my mission president and wife and talked with them after the meeting. They decided it would be best for me to go to the ER on Thursday to get some narcotics to knock the pain out then to go from there. Well narcotics didn't help..... I was still in pain. :( It's a little frustrating to take narcotics for it to not even help. But there are a few things they want me to try. Hopefully things get better this week. So send some prayers my way because I can use all the help I can get :) 
The rest of my week was pretty much spent dealing with the headaches. So not much to write about this week :) Sorry. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment