Monday, June 17, 2013

trio time!

First starters, I'm in a Trio!!!! I've been in a normal companionship, a quad-companionship and now I'm in a trio. Hermana Walton received her visa Friday and left yesterday after Stake Conference and went to Baton Rouge with President and Sister Wall. So now Hna Walker, Hna Rohm and I are in a trio-companionship!! Things change so fast when you're on a mission!!! And it's sure been a crazy few weeks with lots of changes. 
 
This week went by fast but so much happened, so here's a summary:
 
-Monday we went to see another doctor about the migraines because things haven't gotten better. This time it was a Pain Specialist. They want be to have a brow block on Wednesday where they will inject medicine directly into my forehead to block the supra orbital and supralochlear(? I have no idea on spelling. I'm so not medically minded)  nerves. They say I'll look like Frankenstein for a few hours so maybe I'll take some pics and send them next week so you can all laugh at me :) or maybe I won't because then you'd all have a blackmail picture of me....anyway, I really hope this "procedure" helps. I'm a little tired of having a headache for the past 10 weeks! So there is light at the end of the tunnel! 
 
-Tuesday I went on an exchange with Sister Bristow. We ended up dealing with bike issues for the afternoon, which was fun because I know next to nothing about bikes, and then taught English Class at night. We have two new members to our English class, Marlon and Nelson. They are brothers and they are awesome!! 
 
-Wednesday morning started with interviews with President Wall!!!!!! These are always my favorite!!!! I seriously have the greatest Mission President and Wife!!!! They are both so incredible! Interviews with President Wall are always so uplifting and "fuel up the spiritual battery" to keep you going! After interviews we headed to Thibadoux for the doll service project that we also did a few weeks ago. This time the office Elders drove down from Baton Rouge and we loaded up in the office van to drive to Thibadoux. It was quite a fun drive with 8 sister and the 2 elders in the car. I love being able to help make the dolls to raise money for Refuge 127! This Saturday we are actually have a stake Relief Society activity and doing the service project again. But this time we just have to go to the church and not down to Thibadoux. Wednesday night we went to a restaurant with Marlon and Nelson. We told them we all love baleatas! So they said we should go to their favorite restaurant, La cocinita. The baleatas were delicious! And we had an awesome conversation about the church with them. They both have a lot of interest in learning about the church. They've come to church the past 3 weeks!! 
 
-Thursday we helped a hoarder move..... yeah it was quite interesting and gross. I feel so sorry for the man! It made me so sad to see such a nice man, living in the condition that he is. The Elders met Dave at Walmart a few weeks ago and have been helping him since. He got an eviction notice last week and had 5 days to move. Lucky for him he already had another house to move into. The only down side is that the house isn't finished. It was destroyed by hurricane Katrina and has slowly been redone but the walls, kitchen and electricity isn't done. And that new house was already full of his stuff. So we had to find a way to fit two houses completely stuffed with stuff into one house..... It was quite the task and I have a feeling we will be going over there again during the next few weeks. Also, Thursday evening we had a frozen yogurt "date" with two of the Young Women, Alexe and Vonnie! I just adore those two! But they are moving to Texas this week to live with their mom. I'm so sad to see them go!! 
 
- Friday I went on exchange with Hermana Hillstead, one of the visa waiters in West Bank! We ended up helping a member, Laura clean the church for stake conference. She had signed up to clean that week but Friday morning was told that she had to clean it on Friday not Saturday and the other people that were supposed to come had to work. So a few of the missionaries went over to help!! Many hands make the work load a lot lighter. Also, Laura is going through the temple on the 29th!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for her! Friday night, Hermana Walton received a call from President Wall telling her that she received her visa to go to Argentina!!!! So crazy!!! He also said that she would leave after Stake Conference on Sunday morning!
 
-So Saturday was spent running a few errands to help Hermana Walton get ready to leave the country!!! We also had an awesome lesson with the Reina Sisters and we challenged them to read the Book of Mormon. And they accepted :) Saturday night we went to Stake Conference and it was great! Our Stake President, President Stock, randomly called up Sister Barrett who had been sitting by me. She has been the Young Women's leader for our ward and the English Ward for two years but in 2 weeks they are moving to BYU so her husband can get his MBA. She bore a powerful testimony!! I have enjoyed working with her the past few months and I'm sure going to miss her and her family when they move! 
 
-Sunday- Happy belated Father's Day DAD!!!!!!!! This morning we had Stake Conference and President Wall spoke! The first thing he did was hold up his hand and said this is for all my missionaries. Then he explained a hand hug to everyone. Since President Wall can't hug the sisters and Sister Wall can't hug the elders, we do hand hugs :) It's were you put your hands together like you're doing a high five or something then wrap the thumb around the other persons hand.... okay..... so it sounds really funny and weird when you write it out.... but it's cute! hahaha. .... alright, moving on....... after Stake Conference we said goodbye to Hermana Walton and headed out to teach as a trio :) 
 
Well that was my week! haha Sorry if it was long and boring :) Hope you enjoyed some of it. 
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment