As usually, things are pretty crazy here but I guess that's how I like it. Better to be crazy than bored!
Transfer update: We are all staying (Hna. Walker, Hna Rohm and I) but we are getting a new companion! So back to a quad companionship!!! This will be my 7th transfer in Kenner and my 5th with Hna Walker!!! Crazy!!!
So for starters, on Wednesday I had my little surgery for the injections. It was pretty rough and painful but things went well and I've started to get some relief. They said it will take 3-10 days for the full effect and it's been 6. I still have a headache but it's just like a normal everyday headache as opposed to the excruciating painful migraines I've been having. So that's nice! I hope it continues to work. But after my surgery I found out that if the brow block does work than I will need to have another surgery to burn the nerves. Whatever that means. I don't know much about it yet but they wanted to schedule me for it on the 17th of July. I have a follow-up appointment on July 10 to find out more and reevaluate. So we'll see what happens.
Thursday and Friday we were in Houma for an exchange with the Houma Sisters, Hermana Ward and Sister Russell! It has been fun to do exchanges this transfer and to have the opportunity to meet new people, learn from other missionaries and see new parts of the mission. Houma was especially fun! There are some crazy cajuns down there!!! haha. You gotta love the south :) We did a lot tracking and trying former investigators, which is always a special experience. We meet some funny people and most said "nope, I'm Catholic". but at least we tried!
Friday night we had the Father's Day activity where we did the Glow Stick Dance! so much fun!!!! I sent the videos in another email.
Saturday we did the Grace Doll Service Project again but this time it was at our Stake Center so that was nice! Afterwards we helped some members clean the church! Always an adventure! Then we had a fun Tutti Frutti (frozen yogurt) date with Leah, our 11 year old investigators. She had missed The Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson when we taught it to her mom so we had to teach it to her before her baptism this Saturday!!!!!!!! Yeah, Ana and Leah are getting baptized this Saturday at 5!!!!! I am soooo excited for them!! We have plans to visit them every day this week to help them prepare for their baptism! Also, last Saturday we visited Laura, who is going through the temple to receive her endowments this Saturday morning!!!!!!! As you can imagine I am incredible excited for this Saturday!
On Sunday the three elders that are going home this week bore their testimonies! It was so great to hear their testimonies and how they have grow the past 2 years! Missions true change and bless people!! One of them shared something that President Wall had told them before. "On a mission there are the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It's great to have the highs but it's when we are low that we come to know our Savior and how to rely and trust in Him." Well, the past few weeks I've definitely learned this! It's been a challenging transfer with all the headache stuff but I've come to know my Savior more than I ever had before. I've learned to rely and trust Him when things get hard. I've also experienced the power of the Book of Mormon. It has the power to change lives! For example with Laura, she was kind of against going to the temple when I first met her. But then she began to read the Book of Mormon every day and she realized that she needed and wanted to go to the temple! and now she is going to the temple this week!!! I've also had so many experiences of reading the scriptures and finding unexpected answers to questions, sometimes to questions that I didn't even realize I had! It's incredible!!!! I have such a love for the scriptures! Yesterday we were in a lesson we one of the young women to help her with Personal Progress. She told us we were going to read Ether 12 and we all got soooo excited! She just laughed at us because most people don't react like that! But as missionaries, all 3 of us have come to love The Book of Mormon and to know the Book of Mormon! It's awesome!!!!!! Also, this morning during Personal Study I finished The Book of Mormon for the second time on my mission!!! It feels so great to finish!!! And tomorrow I'll start it again :)
Okay, back to my week! Sunday night we got to watch the leadership broadcast, "The Work of Salvation". It was so awesome! Did y'all have the chance to watch it? I loved the opportunity to learn from the Prophet and Apostles!
Sunday night we went to Lafreniere Park for a surprise birthday party for a member, Hna Martinez! I love that family!!! It was a lot of fun and we even did a piƱata :)
Yesterday we had an awesome lesson with Ana and Leah about the Articles of Faith and we planned their baptism. I will be giving a talk on baptism! I'm so excited.
I'm excited for this week and this transfer! Great things are ahead!!!!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment