This week was much better than the previous week! This week was filled with miracle after miracle after tender mercy from the Lord! :)
On Wednesday, Hermana Walker and I headed to Baton Rouge for Mission Leadership Council (MLC). Right now the biggest focuses in the mission are planning vs. calendaring and aligning the keys. Calendaring is just filling out times but planning is to prepare the lesson and think of the commitments you will leave with the person. We've really been focusing on this for a few weeks now and I have seen such a huge difference in our days. I feel so much more prepared for the day and can really focus what I need to study in the morning to prepare for the day. It's a terrible feeling to go into a lesson unprepared but the Lord sure does bless us when we do our part and prepare in every way possible. Most days don't actually go how we plan but we still did our part then continued to listen to the Spirit.
Wednesday evening we headed to GIRL'S CAMP!!!!!! yeah. Missionaries get to do the coolest things!! The Girl's Camp was about an 1.5hr north of us so we got to cross the 24 mile bridge across Lake Pontchartrain! I loved girl's camp as a young woman and have so many fond memories of my times at Girl's Camp. We were there for the Testimony night, which is always the best! The four of us actually performed a song called "I am His daughter" by Nicole Sheahan! Hna Walton played on the guitar and we all sang. We first performed it for just the girls in our ward then ended up signing for the whole camp as well. It's amazing the spirit that is brought through the power of good music. And the song has such a powerful and uplifting message for all the daughters of God! Afterwards, before heading to the Covington's Sisters to sleep, we took a minute to star gaze! It was wonderful to just take a moment and enjoy nature. There's usually no time for that on a mission! The universe is a pretty cool place :)
We slept at the Covington's sister's house (Sister Tiller and Sister Evans). They have a cool apartment but the problem was they only have wood and tile floors. It was a long night on the floor with little sleep but it was worth it to be able to go to girl's camp. :) Thursday morning we woke up and headed to our Ward Mission Leader's house to do service. They live in Mandeville which is on the north side of the lake. It's too far away for us to be able to drive there normally but since we were up that way for girls camp we were able to go!!!! The Batlle's do SO much for us so it was wonderful to be able to do something to help them. :)
Friday I headed to the West Bank for an exchange. I was with Hna Solórzano (visa waiter trying to get to Brazil) in West Bank while Hna Burns came to Kenner with Hna Walker. It was a lot of fun to get to know Hna Solorzano better and to see what another part of the mission is like.
Saturday we had an awesome Zone Training Meeting! Then Hna Rohm and I went to go visit some people! We first saw Laura!! She is the very first person I had a lesson with in the mission field! She was inactive for a number of years but has been working really hard the past few months and she informed us that she's going through the temple in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for her and the changes that she's made in her life to get to this point! She's also receiving her Patriarchal Blessing next week!!!! Such an exciting time for her :)
Yesterday we had one of the most interesting lessons I've ever had! We went to our investigator Ana's house for dinner. She has a baptismal date for June 29 and we are finishing up teaching her the last commandments that she needs to learn about before baptism. We decided to share 2 Nephi 32:3 and 9 about the commandments to pray always and read the scriptures. Her younger sister, Desiree was actually there for the lesson and it turns out she is a member!!!!! She joined the church when she was about 14 (now she's 36) but fell inactive because she felt like she had been forced into the church by her Aunt that she lived with at the time. We had an incredible lesson with her and her boyfriend Mike. They had a lot of questions and concerns. They are currently attending a Catholic church but are having a lot of doubts due to the priest contradicting the scriptures. We ended up teaching the whole restoration lesson, about the Book of Mormon, several stories from the Book of Mormon and many different scriptures to help answer her questions. It's incredible to feel the guidance of the Spirit as several scriptures came to mind that I really didn't know on my own! We ended up being there for about 3 hours between dinner, a lesson with Ana and talking with Desiree!!!
As for my headaches... still there, still painful but things are looking up! Thank you for all your love, support and prayers!!!
I love and miss you all!!!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment