Tuesday, May 28, 2013

HALF WAY!!!!!!!​!!

As always, things have been a little crazy this week. I've come to find that there is no such thing as a normal week for missionaries. There always seems to be some meeting, activity, sickness or something that pops up and makes things crazy. haha. This week was food poisoning for all four of us as well as moving apartments. It was quite the week! 
So we moved! We live in the same apartment complex just a different apartment. We are now living in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment! It's also on the 3rd floor, which isn't fun to carry the bikes up but we do have a vaulted ceiling! The apartment is nice and big! Much more suitable for 4 girls to live in than our last apartment. So I've been in the same area for 7 months but I'm in my 3rd apartment! haha My new address is
 
Hermana Kim Blauer
3550 Grandlake Blvd. G307
Kenner, Louisiana 70065
 
This week we had two awesome lessons with some of our investigators named Ana and her daughter Leah. We taught them the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. Leah, who is only 11, shared with us a little miracle! She told us that she never knows when we are coming over since her mom sets the appointments but the night before she always dreams about us and sees a picture from the pamphlet or a verse of scripture or something from our lesson. She told us that the night before she had a dream and saw the picture of the first vision from the Restoration pamphlet!! She said that since she saw it in her dream and then we taught her about it, that is was a sign so she knows that it's true and that Jospeh Smith really did she God the Father and Jesus Christ! She is probably the most religious 11 year old that I've ever met!!!! It was so cool to hear about her experience! They also came to church this Sunday!!!! 

On Saturday we had a ward activity at the church. We played futbolito! Or soccer in the gym :) They split everyone up into teams of 5 and they made it a tournament with brackets and everything! Not too many people showed up besides the missionaries since it was a Saturday morning but we still had fun!
 
Last night we went to Olive Garden for Hermana Walker's birthday. A little tender mercy came in the form of our waiter! His name is Kodjovi from West Africa. He was an amazing waiter but the neat experience came at the end of the night right as we were about to pay. He told us that two men paid for our whole table! There were 7 of us there and that adds up fast. These two men had introduced themselves as members from Utah when we first sat down. We talked to them for just a minute then they sat back down at their table to finish their meal and they left. Kodjovi told us that they paid for the whole table and a generous tip! I wish we could have told the men thank you but they had left more than 10 minutes before Kodjovi told us what they did!! Then Kodjovi thanked us for what we do. He talked about how what we are doing is so important and he thanked us for helping the people in his city to come closer to Christ. Kodjovi is not of our faith but his words touched my heart and helped remind me of why I'm here! It was an amazing experience and we all sat there pondering the words of Kodjovi after he left. This waiter left a huge impact on me and lifted my spirits in a way I didn't expect! 

Also, I hit my half way mark this week!!!!!! SOOOO crazy!!!! time is flying by way to fast!!!! I can't believe I've already been gone for 9 months!!!!!! It's crazy to think about everything I've seen, learned and experienced this past 9 months! I'm excited to see what the next 9 months bring :)
 
I hope everyone has a great week!!
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment