Monday, May 6, 2013

just a little note...

Sorry family and friends but I have zero time left....... The library has been having lots and lots of computer problems! So I haven't been able to write much of anything today!!

Updates from my week:

- Oak Alley Plantation was AMAZING last preparation day!!!! I loved it so much and it was so fun to feel like a tourist!! 
 
- We did a service project in Thibodaux last Monday night and Wednesday afternoon. We helped make dolls to be sold to raise money for an orphanage in Uganda. It's called Refuge 127! It was a lot of fun to do crafty projects and to sit around and talk with all the sisters in the New Orleans region! 

- We didn't have our car from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.... yeah.... I wasn't too happy. We went to pick it up on Wednesday afternoon and they had replaced the wrong part. They fixed the bumper instead of the fender that had gotten hit. As for the bikes..... I survived. It helped that we were in Thibodaux all of Wednesday. Also the Metairie Sisters, Sister Tiller and Sister Bristow are pretty awesome!! We stayed with them for most of the week and used their car for a bit. I just love those two!!!

-We had an awesome lesson with our investigator Caroline. For once she called us to set up an appointment! That's never happened before! Then we had an awesome lesson on the Word of Wisdom! We had briefly skimmed over it about a month ago because her sister had heard about it and asked us a question. So we wanted to have a more in depth lesson with her on it. Turns out since she's been a heavy smoker for about 2 years since her mom died. After our brief intro to the WofW she has attempted to stop smoking! She's been praying for the strength to stop and feels that the Lord is helping her and giving her the strength she needs!!! She is down to just 2 cigarettes a   day. We told her about a stop smoking program that the church has. We are going to start it with her this next week! She is super excited and has such a strong desire to follow the commandments. She also threw away all of the tea that she had just purchased! 
 
I love you all!!! Have a great week!!! I'm so excited to talk to family this Sunday!!! 
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment