Monday, May 20, 2013

Hola!

I'm back in a quad! There's me, Hermana Rohm, Hermana Walker and Hermana Walton. We are all one companionship for reporting numbers, living situation, etc. but for training and teaching I'm with Hermana Rohm, and Hermana Walker and Hermana Walton are together. So I'm a trainer now too!!! 
 
Hermana Walker and Hermana Walton are on bikes and are going to cover Kenner and Fat City. Hermana Rohm and I are in the car covering Metairie, Harahan/River Ridge and New Orleans. It's strange to have the area split! But we'll be able to get twice as much done and visit so many more people! It also means we'll probably have to start doing some tracking! haha. We've had plenty to do with one companionship but there is not enough to do with two companionships full time! So I'll probably have some fun tracking stories next week! haha
 
To pick up the visa waiters we went to the transfers meeting in Baton Rouge on Wednesday! It's always fun to go to transfers to see everyone from around the mission. I've just been here in New Orleans Spanish Zone my whole mission so I really don't know very many English missionaries. I kind of forget about the rest of the mission some times since all I hear about are the missionaries here and in West Bank. At transfers meeting Sister Wall gave a little talk and pulled out a giant frog sculpture thing. She talked about how when you put a frog in hot water it jumps right out but if you put it in cold water and slowly turn up the heat than the frog doesn't notice. She talked about how with the increase of sister missionaries there might be some missionaries "warming up" to each other and when that happens, call President with a "frog alert" and you'll be transferred right out to stop anything from happening. The main reason I'm telling you this is because it was hilarious to see our Mission President pull a giant ceramic frog and place it on the podium at transfers meeting and to see the look on some of the missionaries faces because of the frog. It's one of those frog statues that you might put out in your yard to decorate or something! It was awesome! 
 
Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary happened this week. English Class is still going awesome! We've got our regulars that come every time. For my class, there's just a cute mom in her mid twenties named Fabiola and for Hermana Walker's class there is Juan, Veronica, Erika, Myrna, and anther lady. Occasionally we have new people show up and come a couple times but those are our regulars! It's been so cool to see how much Fabiola's English has improved. I doubt it's from anything I've done but her English is incredible compared to where she was when I first got here almost 7 months ago. I just love teaching her! She has progressed past the Daily Dose program that the church gives us so now I've been having her practice reading out loud using the missionary pamphlets. She just finished reading the Restoration pamphlet out loud in English so we'll probably start the Plan of Salvation one tomorrow. It's an awesome way for her to practice English and she's learning the gospel too :) Sometimes as missionaries we are really sneaky :) 

On Saturday we had a ward temple trip so Hermana Rohm and I went! It was wonderful to be in the temple. This was the second session I've done since I've been here! 
 
Last night a few missionaries went to the Paz's for dinner and we had baleadas! I really love baleadas!!! :) They are delicious! Mainly it's just a tortilla with cheese and beans (occasionally eggs and avocados and meat if it's a full blown baleadas) but the best part is the Hondurian cream that you put on it! It's delicious. It was our visa waiter's first baleadas so that was really fun! 

Well, sorry it's probably not the most entertaining letter this week... but don't really know what else to say. haha! Any one have any questions for me?
 
I love y'all!!
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment