Tuesday, May 14, 2013

changes

Well I guess this one will be more for friends that read the blog since I updated most of my family on what's been going on this week when I talked to them on Sunday!!! Yeah, I loved that it was Mother's Day so that I could talk to my family! The family is pretty large... I think we're up to 25 people? now between my parents, siblings, in-laws, and nieces and nephews! It was crazy to talk to everyone in such a short amount of time! I wish I had had an hour to talk with everyone!!! But it was nice to hear everyone's voices and talk to each for just a minute or two.
 
So some changes from last week... Well it's transfers and I am staying here in Kenner/Metairie!!! This will be my 6th transfer here and as a Spanish sister we only have 12 transfers in the field! So half my mission will be in Kenner/Metairie! Crazy! but awesome because I love it here. I'm staying here with Hermana Walker but things are changing because we are getting two more visa waiters. So back to being in a quad companionship for us! We'll head to Baton Rouge tomorrow for transfers meeting to get our two new companions! We will now have 6 visa waiters in the mission! There will be two in Baton Rouge, two here and two in West Bank. In Morgan City, one of the sisters is leaving to "salt and pepper" an area which means it's an English and a Spanish sister together. The other sister in Morgan City will be training the new Spanish Sister called to our mission! So crazy things are happening in all of the Spanish Sisters area! It's crazy to think that in July of last year there were no Spanish Sisters in Louisiana and now there are 15!!!

Also, another change is that Hermana Walker and I have been called to be Sister Training Leaders. This is a new thing in Missions worldwide. In the past the only leaders have been District Leaders and Zone Leaders, all of which where Elders. But with the increase of sisters in missions worldwide the Church Mission Department has implemented what is called Sister Training Leaders. We are to care for the training and welfare of the sisters in our area and go on exchanges with each companionship each transfer! We are over the New Orleans English and Spanish Zones! So I'll be going on an exchange every week this transfer and some of them will be English work!!!!   It's going to be crazy with having the visa waiters as well but I'm excited!!!! It's going to be stressful and take a lot of planning and communication but that's ok!!!! Missions are hard but that's how we learn and grow!!! 
 
Another change is that President Wall wants us to look for a new apartment! So we'll be moving soon-ish. He thinks we are just going to continue to get visa waiters and our apartment is not suitable for 4 people so we need to look for a new apartment that has 2 bedrooms. It will also be nice because we currently live on the very edge of our area which takes up a lot of miles and doesn't allow us to ever come home for dinner. It's been too hot to leave food in the car so we've just ended up eating out most nights and it's getting old. It will be awesome to live more central to the people we visit so that we have more miles in order to visit everyone and so we don't have to eat out every night. 
 
On Friday night we had a Mother's Day dinner! It turned out really nice. The Priesthood provided the dinner and the missionaries helped out will decorations and serving! We also played a fun game. I know we play it in english but I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think it's like scattegories. Except I've never actually played the game in English so I'm not sure. haha. But what it is, you have a paper with maybe 7 categories then the person in charge yells out a letter and you have to think of a word in each category that starts with that letter. It ended up being really fun and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves! 
Well it's going to be an interesting week here! Hope all goes well for everyone in the "real world"! :) 
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment