This week was awesome!!!! For starters, last Monday we headed downtown to show the new sisters New Orleans. We went to the French Market, river walk on the Mississippi and Jackson Square. I finally got to go inside of the St. Louis Cathedral!!!! I felt like I was back in Europe touring a cathedral! I loved it!!! It was such a fun day in New Orleans.
This week we finally hit the Mission Goal of 20 lessons!!! We had 21 lessons!!!!!! And we doubled the Book of Mormon goal for the week. The goal is for every companionship to hand out one Book of Mormon per day and we gave away 15 copies!!! It was so great to accomplish and exceed both of those goals this week.
Another highlight of the week is that I went to the temple!!!!!! yay! I love to see the temple!! And I got to do a session. This was my first time doing a session since I left the MTC 5 months ago! It felt like forever though!!! But I'm grateful that I even have a temple in my mission and have the opportunity to go on occasion! After the session we went and helped with the youth baptisms! It's so great that our ward makes sure to have temple trips for the youth so often. What an awesome opportunity for them. Then that night was the General Young Women Broadcast, which we attended with the young women. The talks were all so amazing! Especially President Uchtdorf. It was so interesting to hear his experience with escaping East Germany. If you haven't listened to it or read it, you should because it was a fabulous talk!
I had a great Easter! We ended up attending the English Sacrament Meeting in the morning because one of the Spanish members had to work but wanted to still be able to attend church so we went and translated for her. Sister Tiller, one of the English missionaries spoke and it was an amazing talk. They also had a great musical number by their ward choir. It was a lot of fun to attend the English Sacrament Meeting and to know exactly what was going on :)
Our sacrament meeting didn't go as well since our two speakers didn't come to church.... Bishop Bustillo and his counselor, Brother Joya ended up speaking and it went well. For dinner we went to The Barretts. They are a family in the English ward and she is the Young Women's President. We work with her a lot since we are doing a lot with the young women right now. She found out we didn't have dinner plans and invited us over, all four of us! It was so nice of them! We had a delicious meal with ham and funeral potatoes :) I didn't realize how much I miss yummy funeral potatoes. I just miss potatoes in general. Hispanics don't really eat potatoes ever.
I guess that's it for this week! I love and miss you all!!!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment