Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy (almost) Easter!

It's been a great week but kind of a slow week. I feel as though there isn't to much to write about this week. haha so sorry if it's short. 
 
I love all my companions! It's definitely hard being in a quad companionship but it's been a lot of fun as well. President said that at transfers next week they will head to West Bank though. I will be SO sad to see them go but what an awesome opportunity to see the different parts of the mission! 
 
This week we had interviews with President Wall. President and Sister Wall both came to the apartment for the interviews! Older missionaries said they had never had that happen before but they went to everyone's apartments for the interviews this time. It's was kind of weird to have them in the apartment but also fun! I love having interviews with President! I couldn't ask for a better mission president! 
 
On Saturday we were at the library doing our media hour and right as we were about to leave we started talking to this guy named Brad. He is from LA, California but has lived here in Louisiana for about 7 months while working on two movies and he heads back to LA tomorrow. But before we left the library we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to come to church to hear Hermana Walker talk in Sacrament meeting. We didn't really think he'd come but then he was there!!!!! It was awesome!! We gave him a mormon.org card and told him to find the missionaries when we gets home to LA!! He seemed to really enjoy church! Also, Hermana Walker gave an awesome talk in Sacrament Meeting about Service and Charity!! 
 
After English Class this week, they taught me tongue twisters in Spanish! It was hilarious and super fun. They taught me, "Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico, con un pico, Pepe pecas pica papas." After some practice I got pretty good at it. Elder Herbert, an elder from Mexico then taught me, "Tres tristes tigres comian trigo en un trigal en tres tristes trastes comian traigo en un trigal tres tristes tigres." This one was way harder! I taught the English Class and Elder Herbert the English tongue twister of "She sells sea shells by the sea shore." 
 
Well, next week is transfers.... and I'm totally nervous that I might get transferred! I sure hope that I don't!!! But just be aware that I'll be emailing on Tuesday next week. 
 
Hope everyone has a good week and a great Easter!!! 
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment