The thing I've come to learn on my mission is to expect the unexpected and just go with the flow as we are all trying to figure it out. This week we got a big surprise!!!! Today at about 3 pm, Hermana Walker and I are getting 2 new companions! They are sending 2 visa waiters here and President is sending them here to Kenner/Metairie to have us train them and be their companions. They are waiting for visas for Argentina and have no idea how long they will be here. We will all be covering the whole area and sharing the car. I'm excited!!!!!!! but it's going to take lots of planning and organization!
Also, the church changed the rules and now anyone can email me and I can email anyone!!!!!!! Friends, family, members!!! So now anyone and everyone can send me emails at kimberly.blauer@myldsmail.net! !! We found this out at Zone Training Meeting on Thursday and everyone was SUPER excited!! It's hard to go so long without hearing from friends! Everyone is in hopes that they will hear from more friends and more often since they can now just send an email. So for my friends that are reading this.....send me an email and update me on your life!!!! I would love to hear from anyone and everyone!!!!
Also, at Zone Training Meeting we found out that we are now going to have an approved list of movies that we can watch on Preparation Days! So far the only things I've heard are approved are Seabiscuit and UP! I'm excited to see what President approves!
Well I have a lot of Hispanic women mad at me!!! I got a lot of interesting responses about my hair, and very few positive ones. hahaha. The women in the ward really loved my hair and would always come up and play with it and say how soft it is. They aren't too happy that I cut it off. The Relief Society President went off yesterday about how I'm pretty and my face is pretty but now my hair is not. I received a lot of gasps followed by a loud exclamation of "PORQUE???" My favorite response though was when we went to visit a less active and she said, "HERMANITA!!! HAVE YOU REPENTED?" haha I'm just glad that hair grows back! :)
In a few weeks the stake is getting a Patriarch that speaks Spanish!!! This is super exciting as most of the members don't have their patriarchal blessing! It's been fun to go around teaching about Patriarchal Blessings and helping members prepare to receive theirs!
On Saturday we had a Stake Women's Conference and it was great! They had six classes to choose from and you could attend three. There was Parenting, Mental Health, Finances, Communication, Nutrition, and Pilates. Then after the classes they had a main speaker in the chapel followed by lunch. It was great but it was hard because they hadn't thought of the fact that two of the wards in the stake are made up of Spanish Speakers and many of them don't know a word of English!!! It was frustrating but we got it figured out. What ended up happening is we used the translator set with headphones in the class with the most Spanish Speakers then the others had to get a Spanish friend that knew English and would sit by them and translate. The classes were great and the speaker was just inspirational!
It's been a great week and I'm excited to see what adventures this week brings. With the craziness of missionary life, I often find myself saying "oh the life of a missionary" followed by a chuckle! There seems to be a surprise around every corner!! :)
Hope you all have a fabulous week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment