Monday, March 18, 2013

What a week!

Oh what a week it has been!!! So many things have happened! Like the fact that I have two new companions :) Hermana Clawson and Hermana Murray arrived last Monday afternoon and they are both just incredible. It's been fun to have them with us here in Kenner. It's also been incredibly hard and stressful to be in a companionship of four with one car and one cell phone. haha. It's taken a lot of planning in order to coordinate the week but it's been a wonderful adventure so far. So pretty much Hermana Walker and I are still companions when it comes to reporting numbers and stuff but during the day we go visit people with one of the new sisters. Hermana Clawson and Hna. Murray are awesome and so patient as they wait for their visas for Argentina to arrive. That would be so hard to have no idea how long you are going to be somewhere. 
 
On Wednesday night we had an MTC experience for the youth. For the past few weeks we've been planning this MTC night for all the youth so they could get a little taste of what the MTC is like as well as getting them excited about missionary work! It turned out so great and it was a ton of fun. We had four different classes that focused on four of the fundamentals that are discussed in the MTC and in the 12-Week In-Field Training Plan. Then they also had the opportunity to teach an "investigator", just like we all did our first night in the MTC. They all collectively taught the investigator and they did so good. At the end of the night the Ward Mission Leader from the English ward talked then all the youth received a Book of Mormon to pass out as well as a Preach My Gospel! Since the activity, we've already had two of the young women ask if they can come teaching with us!!!!! So awesome!! 
 
On Saturday, Hermana Clawson and I headed to the West Bank for an exchange. We'd been planning on this exchange for a few weeks/months now and it just so happened to be this past weekend. We were on exchange with Hermana Burns and Hermana Toleafoa! They are so awesome and so much fun! Those two are the only sisters in the West Bank so they work with the English and Spanish wards. We taught a couple lessons in English and it was so weird! I haven't prayed in English in 6 months!!!!! haha  And we got to go to a wedding! I love weddings! One of the less actives and investigators in the ward there got married Saturday night, Stephanie and Juan! It was so much fun and I am grateful I had the opportunity to go! 

Also, we might be having a wedding of our own soon! One of our investigators, Caroline, told us that she and her boyfriend Miquel want to get married!!!!!! :) I am so excited for them!!!!!!
 
It was a great week and I'm excited to see what this week brings!!!! 

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment