Tuesday, March 5, 2013

(almost) ALL GONE!

Sorry there wasn't an email yesterday! Between helping a member with translating at the hospital and a hair appointment, there was little time for a preparation day. Yesterday morning we went with a member from the ward to translate. She had been feeling super dizzy and nausea for about 2 weeks! Turns out she is pregnant!!!! That was kind of cool to be there for!

So I got a haircut yesterday..... and it's quite a drastic change! A lady in my ward cut it, Hermana Guerrero. Before and After pictures are attached! Thankfully hair grows back :) Hermana Walker didn't want a hair cut because she's been growing out her hair for awhile but Hermana Guerrero told her she needed it.... Hermana Walker is still a little traumatized! But her's turned out really cute!
 
This week we have been working a lot with the RS presidency! And it's great! We've had a meeting with them last week and another tomorrow to help with the new visiting teachers list. It's hard because most of the ward is recent converts and so they don't know how things are suppose to work or what to do. I'm so grateful for the different wards I've been in and the ability I now have to help his ward because of the example I've seen in my wards throughout my life.
 
We have another new investigator, Herling. She is the cousin of a member, Ingrid. A few weeks ago we were at Ingrid's house for dinner and she asked if Hermana Walker or I had ever had a baptism. Hermana Walker said she had one in Baton Rouge and I told her I never have. Ingrid has now made it her personal goal to get us a baptism!!! haha. So cute and it's awesome!! We are now teaching two of her cousins and a friend!! And she's been coming out to lessons with us. It is so great!!!! She has caught the missionary bug and wants to share it with everyone now! Missionary works is much more effective when the members are involved!

We also helped Ingrid move on Friday. She moved because the neighbors below her smoked so her apartment always smelled like smoke! I've gotten really good at helping people move while on my mission! Moves go fast with so many missionaries!
 
Last week we dissolved our "area". The last two weeks we had an area like the Elders but what happen was that when the sisters got here the took half the Kenner Elder's area and gave it to the sisters. It was always pointless to have an area since we visit the women or people that the Elder's can't. So this past week the "Hermanas area" was given back to the Elders and we now cover the whole ward (except NO east). This is what the situation is in the other Spanish sisters areas as well. I'm really excited about the change and think it's going to be much better for us and all the Elders. But this week was crazy with the change. We have a lot of new people to visit now. And we have to be really careful of our miles since we cover from Destrehan to New Orleans and everything in between!!
 
This transfer our Zone has the goal to handout 60 copies of The Book of Mormon every week! This past week was the first week and we did 45! After a companionship places a Book of Mormon they send a text to everyone in the Zone with the number, name, and what happened or details about them! It's so cool to read all the texts!!! One companionship talked to a guy that was going to be baptized 30+ years ago but didn't because he didn't have his own white shirt. The Elders gave him a Book of Mormon and are now reteaching him!!!!! So cool! I love having this goal because it really helps us remember to talk to everyone and it's an awesome way to have Zone Unity!!!!
 
Also, on the mission website, www.louisianabatonrougemission.org. they put up a video of us singing at the Hornets game if you want to listen! Don't make fun of us too much :)
 
Have a great week!
 
con amor,
Kim



 

No comments:

Post a Comment