Monday, February 25, 2013

6 months!

I hit my 6 month mark this past week! Crazy!
 
So yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting! I was SOOOO nervous to stand up and give a talk all in Spanish! But it went well.... I think :) The talk was on faith and repentance. I used several quotes from True to the Faith and Preach My Gospel, as well as a number of scriptures. I'm just glad the talk is over. haha
 
This week we have several new investigators including the Valerio Sisters, and Paula. The Valerio Sisters are from Honduras and are 18, 16, 15, and 12. The 18 year old is deaf so we are currently trying to figure out how we can teach her. We are hoping we can teach her through videos with subtitles and having her sisters sign to her. Paula is a referral from a member, Ingrid and Ingrid came to the lesson with us! It was awesome. I love having members in the lessons with us but it doesn't happen too often. Ingrid was awesome with answering questions and relating things in ways that we can't due to the language.
 
We had a baptism in the ward this past Saturday. Nicolas has been taught by the New Orleans East Elders the past two months. He is such a cool guy. He is currently working on his 4th Doctorate!!!! He reads and watched anything and everything the missionaries gave him! He was just so prepared and ready for the missionaries. It was great to have a baptism in the ward since the last one was in July! Sadly, very few members attended the baptism. But I love that they do the confirmation in Sacrament Meeting so that all the members know about the new member.
 
After district meeting on Friday, we all made baleadas together. It was a struggle since we realized the church kitchen was a little under stocked but it worked out and they tasted great. Today we are actually meeting as a zone for P-day. We are all going to the stake center and playing games and such then making baleadas! I'm excited! I'm getting really good at making tortillas from scratch!!!
 
Well, those are the highlights of my week!
 
Hope you all have a great week!

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment