We're safe :) No transfers meeting for Hermana Walker and I!!!!! We are both staying in here in Kenner and I'm super excited! It's going to be a great transfer, I can just feel it :) My whole district is actually staying the same! Except for the Zone Leaders. Elder Pope is going home this week so we'll be getting a new Zone Leader. The transfer meeting on Wednesday is going to be crazy. We are receiving 9 New English Sisters and 10 Elders!!!! That is a lot of new missionaries all at once. And there are only 7 missionaries leaving!
It's crazy to think that another transfer has gone by! Transfers go by fast and this one was only 5 weeks long!! I felt like the transfer just started, but nope! Time is flying by so fast! 3 transfers down already!!
So last P-Day we went downtown with some Elders and the Metairie Sisters! It was madness in the French Market and Jackson Square with all the Mardi Gras tourists. It was hilarious to see all the people dressed up and half (or completely) drunk. Then we found a Yogurtland in NO!!!!!!!! I love yogurtland and went all the time when I lived in Provo! It is by far the best Frozen Yogurt.
On Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Hermana Walker and I went to the Parade in Metairie with a member named Ingrid! It was so crazy and so much fun. We were given permission from President to go to a parade if it ended before 6 pm and a member went with us. It also had to have an appropriate theme of course :) The whole parade was crazy! I never thought I would ever go to a Mardi Gras Parade in my life and especially not as a missionary! But I did! I got a ton of beads and random toys.... which I'll probably be sending home in a box very soon :)
Our Stake has a new goal of each companionship teaching 25 lessons per week!!! We're all working really hard to achieve this but it's going to take a lot of work. This week's numbers verses last week was a big improvement for all the companionships in my ward so that was cool to see.
This week was crazy. It seemed like referrals and appointments were just being handed to us! It was awesome! We've been working a lot more with the active members of the ward and this has helped so much. I feel like we are finally gaining the trust of the members. My first two transfers we never had dinner appointments but now we have them all the time and everyone is offering to teach us how to cook stuff. I've learned how to make tortillas, boleatas, pupusas, and tacos (not the tacos Americans would think of, they are more like taquitos). It's so fun to learn to cook these authentic dishes.
This past week we had several awesome lessons with our investigators. With Lucia, we committed her to start reading the Book of Mormon and she said yes. And then she asked us for homework to go with her reading!!!! She asked us to make her study guides with questions she can answer as she reads!!! So cute. With Caroline, we taught her the 10 commandments. She has almost no religious background so this was pretty new to her. She really enjoyed the lesson and is so excited to learn more and more. We have a new investigator named Jessica!! She is the girlfriend of one the less active members in the ward. We had an awesome lesson about what is the Book of Mormon. Jessica and Ramon both came to an FHE that we had at the Relief Society President's house last night. They seemed to really enjoy the lesson on faith and it was awesome for her to be able to interact with some members of the ward. Jessica also said that she wants to come to our English Class tonight :)
Recently we've started working with less active in Destrehan named Alicia! She is so great and loves to feed us. I don't mind this at all because she is an excellent cook! No one had seen her at church for months and months but she's come the last 3 weeks and has been attending all the activities and everything!!!! Last week she even told us that she has the goal to read the entire Book of Mormon this year! It's funny because she reminds me SOOOO much of Grandma McAlister. It's like she is the hispanic version of Grandma!!! haha. She even cooks like she is feeding an army even though it's just Hermana Walker and I!
Well I hope y'all have a great week! Let me know if there is anything you want me to add to my emails.
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment