Monday, February 4, 2013

craziness!

It has been craziness this past week! The city has been full of excitement and traffic leading up to the Superbowl yesterday. The traffic was only worsened as different roads have been closed for Mardi Gras parades! What a fun and exciting time to be in New Orleans, but I could do without the traffic. On Friday night we were going to a member's house for dinner, it should have taken us 15-20 minutes and it ended up taking us 55 minutes. We were definitely late to that appointment!

Besides the craziness of the Superbowl and Mardi Gras, we are also in the process of moving! Hermana Walker and I are currently staying with the English Metairie Sisters, Sister Tiller and Sister Bristow! They are awesome for letting us crash at their apartment until the mission finds us a new apartment. Since we aren't currently living at the Kenner apartment and we don't know how much longer we will have access to the apartment, it would be best to not send letters or anything to my address. I guess for now just send things to the Mission Office. That address is 12025 Justice Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70816.

This week we had a lot of really awesome lessons!!

On Friday we had a lesson with one of our investigators Caroline. We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End). Towards the end of the lesson I asked her how she was feeling about everything she had learned and her preparation for her baptism. She started off by saying, "I'm going to be honest and tell you the truth." I got sooo nervous when she said that.... Then she went on to say that she had talked to her dad and he told her that she needed to be Catholic and that the family is Catholic. Caroline responded that if they wanted her to be Catholic then they should have taught her Catholicism or taken her to church. She said that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is God's true Church and that God wouldn't have lead her to it if it wasn't what he wanted for her!!!!! She totally defended the truth and the Church to her Dad!!!!!! It was so incredible to hear her say this. Her faith and testimony are growing and increasing every day! It is an incredible thing to watch her learn and progress and accept the truths of the Gospel!!

We also went into a part of downtown New Orleans that I had never been before. We went to see a less active named Amanda! It was crazy to see the neighborhood. You could still see the effects of Hurricane Katrina! Many of the homes were never rebuilt and were rundown. It was so sad! and crazy to see since it's so many years later.

Well, my time is up.

I love you all!
Have a great week!

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment