Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference is the BEST!!!!

Hola everyone!!!
 
Well things were a little bit more normal this week since Hermana Murray and Hermana Clawson left for West Bank. The apartment sure feels empty and quiet without them though! 

I love being back with Hermana Walker!!!! She is the greatest!!!! 

The new district is good but kind of weird without the Metairie Elders. Elder Griffin is the new district leader. He was in the MTC with me so that's kind of cool to see him as our new district leader. 

I hope everyone had the opportunity to watch General Conference this past weekend because it was AWESOME!!!!!! (Didn't really help our number of lessons this week but it sure helped lift the soul and "recharge" the spiritual batteries) I just loved Conference and there were so many amazing talks! I don't know what y'alls favorites were but here's some of my favorites/highlights:

- There are 65,634 full time missionaries!!! More than ever before! This is such a fun time to be a missionary!!!! The work is progressing so much!
- Stanley G Ellis is a farmboy from Burley, Idaho! I loved that he started off by saying that since that describes Dad as well. Dad, do you know him? Burley's not that big.
- I loved Elder Holland's talk on faith. Every month each missionary chooses and focuses on a Christlike attribute and this month I chose to focus on Faith! I loved Holland's talk and how he focused on moving forward but maintaining what you've already won.
- As a girl, I obviously LOVED Sister Dalton's talk!!! I was so sad that the Young Women's Presidency was released because they are all so great but I'm excited for the new Presidency. I loved Sister Dalton's line of "Where ere thou art, act well thy part."
- Elder Bednar's talk on the law of chastity was powerful! He has such a way of being bold but not overbearing! 
- Elder Kopsichke's talk was awesome. I loved the points he gave in order to feel acceptable to the Lord. He broke down each aspect so simply. 
- Of course I also loved President Monson's talk on obedience! Obedience is something I have thought on often these past few months as a missionary. I love that he said something along the lines of, happiness, peace, progress and salvation lie in our obedience. 

Well these are just a few of my favorite points from conference! What were yours?

On Saturday there were almost no members or investigators at the church so it was pretty much just a big missionary party with all the English and Spanish missionaries in the area. We went and ate at Cici's Pizza during the session. Then on Sunday there were a lot more people at the church. Our ward had a potluck dinner between the two sessions. It was a lot of fun and turned out well. 
 
Another fun part of my week is a lesson we had with one of the young women named Daisy! She is so awesome! Right now we are helping her with Personal Progress! It's so fun to see her learn and grow as she is working on the different experiences and projects. Personal Progress is such an awesome experience and tool for learning! We are also helping Daisy learn to play the piano.... well actually Hermana Walker is teaching her.... I should have practiced more when I was growing up :) I couldn't teach piano even if it was in English!! 

Last Preparation Day we went to City Park in New Orleans. Most of the attractions and things are closed on Monday so it was perfect to go last week with Preparation day being on Tuesday.... but then we got there in the late afternoon at 3:30. Not knowing that most of the things closed at 4!!! haha. We still had fun walking around and looking at stuff. I'll attach some photos.

Any questions or things anyone wants to hear about? 

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment