Well I'm training! for the 4th time! My baby is named Hermana Alanah McClendon! She is from the Mesa area in Arizona, Queen's Creek to be exact. She is super cute and a hard worker. She understands a lot of Spanish for only have learned Spanish for 6 weeks! She came from the Mexico MTC. Now all of the Spanish missionaries go to the Mexico MTC even if they are serving in the states. It looks so cool from all her pictures. I'm glad that I loved my MTC experience or else I'd probably be super jealous :) Hermana McClendon is 20 and went to Cosmology School before her mission!
These past few days have shown me that to train is exactly what I need to be doing in my last transfer as a full time missionary. No time for "trunkyness" for me :) It's exactly what I needed to finish my mission strong by giving it my whole heart, might, mind and strength! I would hate to be a bad example for my trainee and have that set the tone for the beginning of her mission. I just now have a stronger desire to work hard and finish strong.
We've been able to have some really awesome lessons the last few days. Numbers aren't everything, but we had the best numbers this past week then we've had in awhile! And we had 2 investigators and their families at church yesterday!! Super exciting. That's a big deal here because it isn't too often that several investigators come.
The weather is going crazy here in New Orleans. One day it is 70 degrees the next it is 25. Parts of Mississippi and Louisiana got snow on Friday. We just got ice here in NO, which is super unusual. Also, President has proclaimed that tomorrow is a no car day....... just found out and I'm not really sure what we are going to do tomorrow.... I feel that my limited biking experience and bad weather conditions don't really mix well together. But I guess you could say the Lord blesses us for our sacrifices and trust in Him. we'll see what happens tomorrow....
We went to a wedding this weekend. Most bizarre wedding I've ever been to. But considering the limited preparation time and money it was really nice. It was the son of 2 of our English Class Members. They have been coming to the English Class for about 14 months! The wedding was in the parking lot of their apartment complex. They had set up little pavilions and tables. The actual ceremony was a total of about 5 minutes, including the signing of the marriage certificate. It was really sweet. But it made me sad to hear the guy say "until death do you part." I just wanted to scream that it doesn't have to end at death! Families can be eternal! I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have in my life! Until death do you part is a sad concept.
At transfers President Wall reviewed what Elder Perkins shared with him at the end of his time here. Elder Perkins said that as a whole we are going awesome! But there is room for improvement, always. President said that we need to have a sense of urgency. We are on the Lord errand's and so there is no time to waste! That's the goal this week. To work with a sense of urgency and to be bold in giving invitations to those we teach!!! And boots are now approved in the mission! With 6 weeks left and having survived through one and a half winters already, they approve boots. Just my luck! My legs and feet have been freezing and wet for weeks!
Well I think that's it for this week!
Anything specific yall want to hear about in my letters. Well, I guess I only have 4 group letters to write while on my mission. CRAZY!!!!!!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment