Monday, January 6, 2014

2 months

yup... that's right. Only 2 months left.  March 6th. That's a scary thought. 

But it's also Hermana Garcia's birthday today!!!! 21st to be exact! We have lunch and dinner appointments set up for today :) Yay for birthdays! 

I hope everyone had an awesome New Year's and set some good goals for the year. If you've already failed on your New Year's resolutions, that's alright! Repent and move forward. And if you didn't set any goals for the year..... http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=910930409001&cid=HPTH122613304&im=true.

We had a awesome New Years. On NY's eve we had 2 yummy dinners with members from the ward! Then went to bed at 10:30 like normal! haha. Went to bed and it was 2013, woke up and it was 2014! I love that I can say that I spent all of 2013 preaching the gospel! That's pretty sweet. 

On the first we had permission to watch a Bowl game... but we had no desire to watch football so we got permission to watch a Disney movie instead. We watched BRAVE.... in SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!! gah. When the movie started I was thinking, "I'm not going to understand any of this. I just want to watch this in English." But I understood it!!!!!!!! until the witch started talking. It was riddles and comparable to Shakespeare English. Yeah... didn't understand that part in Spanish but it ended up being super cool to watch in Spanish. Made me feel pretty legit that I could understand the movie in Spanish. 

Learning Spanish in the states is rough!! Some times I wish I had gone foreign just so I could be immersed in the language and become fluent. I am far from fluent but I've learned a lot of Spanish the last 16 months. And I know that if the Lord needed me to be fluent now then he wouldn't have sent me here. I'm exactly where I need to be! The Lord truly knows us better than we know ourselves. 

other things that happened this week:
-Hermana Hillstead (Holly) went home. She was with us the first week of the transfer then went to Argentina since she got her visa. Well once she got to Argentina she started having health problems and came home 2 days after Christmas.  She had her appendix taken out in November and was recovering well then had problems once she got to Argentina. So keep her in your prayers! 
-random but our ward didn't change times. I've never heard of a ward not changing times at the new year but the English ward is still at 9 and we start at 10:20. I just thought it was crazy and unexpected to not change times. 
-We helped Ana, recent convert, get started on her family history work! It was super exciting! She's working on getting some family names ready to take to the temple this year!!! 

Well this is just a random, thrown together letter this week! :) not much else to say! 
and we didn't take any pictures this week. sorry. 

con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment