So I got transferred this last week and I got sent back to Kenner, my very first area and I served here for 9.5 months. So I had 9.5 months in Kenner, New Iberia for 1 month, Morgan City for 3 months and now back to Kenner. I was so excited when President announced it during the transfer meeting. We were the second companionship announced after the Office Elders. So I'm on round 2 in Kenner and round 5 for being in a trio! Yup, I'm back in a trio, but only until Wednesday. I'm serving with Hermana Hillstead and Sister Garcia. Hermana Hillstead is from St. George and today is her 20th Birthday! She is a visa waiter and she received her visa last week and will be leaving on Wednesday. I'm sad to see her go! Sister Garcia is a Temple Square Sister! She is from Houston but originally from El Salvador! I got a fluent companion!!!!!! I've been praying for awhile to get a fluent companion and the Lord truly answers prayers. She is also in the May Ensign, April conference issue. Her picture is in the talk by Elder Nelson, Catch the Wave. She is the temple square sister that looks Hispanic and is in a pink jacket! She's legit :) I'm so excited to be back in a Spanish area with a Spanish companion. My Spanish has really struggled since I left Kenner.
This transfers meeting was the smallest one that President Wall has ever had! And the first time that no new Elders came in. We had 9 new sisters and no new Elders! So crazy! Also, my trainer Hermana Marks and my companion, Hermana Walker that I was with for 7.5 months went home! It was sad to see them go but they gave awesome goodbye testimonies at transfers!
It has been super fun to be back in Kenner and to see everyone's reaction to seeing me again! There has been a lot of screaming this past week! Especially by Ana and Leah! :) When we went to visit them Ana was cleaning up the front room and I was just waited for her to turn around but she didn't. Then she went to hug Hna Hillstead and was still looking down then she looked straight at me and screamed! Then gave me the biggest and longest hug that I have ever received!!!!! Then after we had been there for a little bit Leah got home. Ana started screaming, saying "look who is here." Leah told her to be quiet because Jordan (Ana's grandson) was sleeping. But then Leah looked around and starting screaming as she ran towards me and jumped on top of me since I was sitting on the couch. It was hilarious! I received a lot of surprised faces and big hugs at church yesterday! It's sure fun to be back and I never ever expected to come back since I was here for so long the first time.
Saturday we went to the Christmas party for our English Class. I went to it last year but this time we didn't get to stay as long and we didn't get many pictures but it was still really fun!
Since today is Hermana Hillstead's 20th birthday, I attempted to make breakfast and it was an EPIC fail! After many failed attempts I gave in and we all went to McDonalds :)
I can't believe it's almost Christmas! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
con mucho amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment