Yeah! General Conference is the greatest thing ever! I'm just floating on a spiritual high! So much spiritual awesomeness in just 2 days. Plus we had an awesome Zone Training Meeting before conference. (more on that later)
It was an awesome week. I guess I'll recap and start at the beginning. Not much happened in the beginning of the week but Wednesday we had youth activity. For some reason they call it youth activity here instead of mutual. But Sister Wily and I did a trivia game to get them ready for conference. I used the cool cards Raye Ann made me for Christmas last year with the faces of the Prophets and Apostles on them. It was so perfect. I would ask them a trivia question then they would pick one of the cards and they would all flip them over at the same time. It was a lot of fun. But it was at night in the park.... I forgot bug spray so I got eaten alive. Seriously!!!! My legs are hideous from all the bites and marks and scars from past bites. One of my old companions saw me at conference and said, "Dang! your legs really are ugly.". .... um, thanks? it's sad but true.
Thursday we got a surprising call from the Houma Sisters, Hermana Ward and Sister Wheeler. There was a tropical storm coming so they got evacuated to us. It was so perfect because Hermana Ward served here in Morgan City for 5 transfers. It's been a little slow getting things going here since it was like starting from scratch. But she helped us out so much with all her information on the area. She and I went out together all day Friday and I got to met a TON of people that we've been wanting to see. It was awesome!
Then Friday night we headed for a sleepover in Lafayette. We had ZTM in Lafayette at 8:30 am on Saturday so we decided to drive up the night before and have a sleepover with the Lafayette sisters! It was fun to see others sisters!!!
ZTM on Saturday morning was awesome!!! The themes were obedience, unity, Preach My Gospel, The Book of Mormon and Hope! Obedience and unity are discussed in about every missionary meeting but there were still things to learn. The instructions on Preach My Gospel and The Book of Mormon were a follow up on the goals given at last month's ZTM. (to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days and read 2 pages in PMG every day) They did have a cool new instruction on the Book of Mormon. We read 1 Nephi 16 about when Nephi broke his bow. They related the BOM (book of mormon) as the BOW. bow is bom upside down! And related the arrow as our testimony. It says that Nephi made one arrow. Many times we have just one shot with people to bear our testimony so never miss the chance. The instruction was really cool. They also set Zone goal to place 50 Book of Mormons each week as a zone. That's 5 copies per companionship. It's similar to the goal we did in the New Orleans Spanish Zone a few months ago. After a companionship hands out a Book of Mormon they text the zone which number we're at, the name of the person and a little about the situation or what happened. I loved it when we did it in NO so I'm excited to do it here!!! HOPE is the newest theme in our mission! There is a big focus and push on hope right now. It was cool because we discussed hope in ZTM then went right into conference. In about every single talk the word hope was mentioned! President Wall is truly an inspired man!
Alright on to conference!!!!!!!!!! I seriously just loved all of conference! It was incredible! I'm quickly running out of time so I'll do a quick recap of my favorites and favorite lines!!!!
- Elder Ulisses Soares' focus on meekness and developing Christlike Attributes! Each month as missionaries we choose a Christlike attribute to study and focus on that month. I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon and I decided I want to begin again while focusing on the Christlike Attributes.
- "It's not about where we were or where we are but about where you we are willing to go. "- Elder Dube
- "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith!" -President Uchtdorf! I just loved his whole talk. I want to print it and give it to every less active in Morgan City!
- "There is no superior career mommyhood' :) - Elder Christofferson. He's one of my favorites. I always love his talks!
- "If the bitter cup does not pass, drink it."- Elder Holland. I loved his talk on mental health and awareness.
- "They are HIS sheep so they will know HIS voice. We are His voice at this time." -Elder Ballard
- There is not one of us without the charge of Angels. They have us in their keeping. - Elder Eyring
- "What is our ultimate priority? loving and serving God." "Civil Laws do not change God's laws" (abortion, same gender marriage )- Elder Oaks
- "Don't expect the reward if you don't work for it" -Sister Oscarson
- "We won't get in spiritual shape by just watching conference- we have to apply it." -Elder Maynes! SOOOO TRUE!
- "Shall I falter or shall I finish? ....to finish is to endure to the end." "He alone offers us times of peace while in times of adversity" "Whether it is the best of times of the worst of times- He is with us! " -President Monson
- "Each day is a day of decision and our decisions determine our destiny." "you are never to young to learn or too old to change." "Sin, even legalized by man is still sin." -Elder Nelson
I just loved all of conference! I'm so excited to start studying them more in depth and applying the principles taught!!!! I hope everyone was able to watch and enjoy conference!!!!! If not, stop whatever you are doing right now and go watch it on LDS.org!!!! :)
Con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment