You look at your legs and think you have chicken pox. But then you realize, no, you just have THAT MANY BUG BITES!!!!! yeah. or when you use Benadryl cream like it's lotion :) That could just sum up my week. Oh the joys of living in Louisiana!
So for starters, we had the coolest experience last week while emailing. This guy waves me down and asks, "Before you leave, can you give me a Book of Mormon?" "um.... yeah we can do that!!!!!!" hahaha I was so shocked. It isn't very often that someone asks you for a Book of Mormon! Turns out he is a former investigator of the English Elders. He used to attend church a lot but lost touch of the Elders when he moved awhile back. He also said he lost his Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants when he moved. We didn't have any triples in the car but we gladly took down his information so we could send the Elders over with a triple! The Elders went over this week and had an awesome lesson with him!
We also had exchanges this week with the Opolousas Sisters, Sister Cash and Sister Faulk. Sister Cash is actually a temple square sister on her outbound. And she knows one of my dear friends Kelsey, who is currently serving on Temple Square. It was fun to hear about Temple Square missions. They sound QUITE different from my mission. haha. Neither good or bad, just very different! The exchange was awesome and it was a great opportunity to meet new people. They came down to double work our area and we have a HUGE list of people we need to meet so we were able to try 2x as many people on Tuesday.
Wednesday we had interviews with President Wall!!! Those are always the best! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have the BEST mission president in the world!!!! Seriously! He is so awesome. At one point of the interview he had a story he wanted to tell me. He began by saying, "This one day while I was sitting in President Monson's office talking with him he shared this story with me......" Yeah. My mission president is just that awesome. He visits with the Prophet and Apostles all the time. He used to be the publisher of Deseret News and the Church News.
Anyway, I had an awesome interview with president and he gave me a lot of good advice on how to help the area, how to serve as a salt and pepper companionship and how to manipulate Elders. hahaha yeah. President is a funny one! He also shared a really cool example. He was trying to express how he has seen me grow and how I can help my companion grow since she has only been out a few months. He shared the story of caterpillars turning into butterflies. He talked about how if you watch them try to break out of their cocoon it is a struggle and you have the natural instincts to cut open the cocoon to set them free. But if you do this then the butterfly will come out with crinkled and weak wings and fall to the ground. But if you let it struggle and work through it, it will fully develop and become the beautiful, strong butterfly that it was meant to be. He said my wings are pretty close to being fully developed into the beautiful butterfly that I'm meant to be but I've still got 5 months! haha Each missionary (and every person) has to go through this process of becoming the missionary and person that our Savior needs us to be.
The Relief Society Broadcast was AWESOME on Saturday. I hope everyone had the chance to watch it, and if not, go watch it now!!! :) And General Conference is this weekend!!!! I'm so excited! I just love having the chance to listen to the words of the Prophet and Apostles. Last year while I was in the MTC, the week before conference there was a speaker that gave a talk on preparing for conference. Something that has stuck with me is that we need to go into General Conference with the attitude of "Lord, is it I?" (Matthew 26:22). We often watch conference and think, "Oh I hope this person is watching this." or "This person could really benefit from this talk." I'm totally guilty of this! But we need to have the attitude of "Lord, is it I?" And apply every talk to ourselves. This totally changed the past two conferences for me!
I hope everyone enjoys conference! and report back what your favorite parts of conference were!!! :)
con amor,
Kim
p.s. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I haven't taken many since I got to Morgan City. I'll make sure to take some this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment