So I sent all the pictures and almost forgot to write a group email!! haha. Good thing I remembered
This week has been a pretty normal week. Not too much to report on. It was a great week filled with miracles!! Random list of the different things that happened this week:
-We received a referral from Mormon.org. Wendy. Mainly she just wanted free bibles for her kids but we gave them Books of Mormon as well. The kids are also doing a lemonade Stand every Saturday to raise money to buy a teacup chihuahua. So we had some sweet lemonade and will probably go back next Saturday for some lemonade and to see them again.
-Seth. He himself is a miracle. It's been so cool to teach him. He is just such an awesome person and makes the lessons so fun. Funniest part from one of the lessons with him this week... so he was acting out Moses parting the Red Sea and how excited everyone must have been then the phone rang. His response- "I don't know why there is a phone ringing. I just parted the red sea." Maybe you just had to be there for it to be funny. But it was hilarious!!!!
After we taught him the restoration lesson we invited him to pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. His prayer was probably the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. He even thanked God for sending Christ to the people in America. Then he thanked him for guiding and protecting one man (Joseph Smith) so that every one could have the word of God. It was incredible and the spirit was so strong! Seth also came to church on Sunday! Everyone just loved him and he was loving it all!
-We taught Seminary again this morning. The timing was rough but I'm still alive. Anyway, the lesson was on 1 Nephi 3-4. I had remembered an email from Dad that he sent a few months ago all about 1 Nephi3:7 with different ideas of how to teach using the scripture. It sure came in handy for the lesson today!
-We taught 5 different Temple Prep lessons to different people! It's so fun to see all these members preparing to go to the temple. It's kind of scary to be the teacher of temple prep but I'm also just so excited for them all.
-It was our branch president's birthday on Friday and his favorite treat is a snickers milkshake from sonic. It was 8:20 so we thought we had enough time to get him the milkshake, take it to him and be home by 9 for "curfew". Well the machine broke and several other incidences occurred. Long story short we showed up at President Harvey's house at 9:05. His first response was, "Aren't y'all a little late?" "Yeah. we know. Sonic failed us. Here's your milkshake. Happy Birthday and see you tomorrow." And then we left to get home. It was an epic fail but so hilarious all at the same time.
- We had an awesome ZTM about unity, Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon. So the Book of Mormon musical is coming to New Orleans in October so President Wall has set the goal for each missionary to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days. That's 9 pages a day if you're reading in English and 11 if in Spanish. I decided to read it in Spanish this time!! We started yesterday so I'm 22 pages in :) He also set the goal for every missionary to read all of Preach My Gospel in 2 transfers. So to accomplish that we need to read 2 pages every day! I'm super excited about these goals!!
Well, times up for the week! See ya next Tuesday. Yeah, it's transfer time again which means my preparation day will be on Tuesday!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment