On Sunday I learned a valuable life lesson............. don't put wax candles in a cake that you took out of the oven just a minute before!! Yeah, I'm brilliant! :) melted wax, yum! I've gotten pretty good at cooking and baking while on my mission but I still have a few things to learn.... okay, a lot of things to learn!
Sister Wily had a birthday on Sunday! She's no longer a teenager. But now she is leaving me :( Yup, this week is transfers and I'm staying here in Morgan City and Sister Wily is being transferred. We'll go to Baton Rouge tomorrow. I'm sad to say goodbye because she has been an awesome companion. Now who is going to teach me to play the ukulele and how to hula?! Just kidding, those things aren't really that important.
Luckily, our last week together was awesome!!! We had an awesome week full of lessons, service and miracles!!
We started off the week by setting the goal to have 2 set appointments everyday. And we did it! It was amazing. I think that is the key to this area, set appointments. Days when we have set appointments always seem to go smoother and are more productive. And we don't drive around from house to house with unopened doors. It was hard to get set appointments for the first few weeks of the transfer because we didn't really know anyone and they didn't know us. But now we are working hard to have set appointments and now have a weekly set time with a few people. It's awesome!
A lot of our tender mercies this week came in the form of butterflies. I think I told ya'll about the focus of our mission right now being hope and that butterflies and eagle's are a symbol for hope. Well, there were so many instances when we saw butterflies and just knew we were in the right place at the right time. We even started "butterfly tracting"! We've decided to track every house where we see butterflies, whether that be decorations or real butterflies. We didn't set this goal until Friday but on Saturday we found a house with butterflies on it so we parked and walked right on up! We met a man named Raymond. He was very nice but constantly reminded us that he was Catholic and would always be Catholic. We gave him a Book of Mormon anyway :) I'm excited to continue butterfly tracting!
On Saturday we had a branch Halloween activity. We actually had a good amount of people show up. And for how small our branch is we were lucky to have about 25 people there! It was a lot of fun and we even decorated our car for the trunk-or-treating. I'll try and send some pictures.
I'm just about finished reading El Libro de Mormon! Just 3 more chapters and then I can say I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish is less than 60 days! It's been a hard challenge but so awesome all at the same time!
Hope everyone has a fun Halloween! Talk to ya next week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment