Monday, July 22, 2013

Traumatizi​ng yet funny...

Yup, that about sums up my week.... traumatizing yet funny :)
 
This week was quite the week. It started off with Hna Rohm getting a call from President last Monday night to tell her she got her visa. She left us on Tuesday and was in Baton Rouge with the plan to fly to Argentina on Wednesday..... but Fedex lost her package with her passport in it. She ended up staying in Baton Rouge until yesterday!!! Because she left we got another companion in our quadpanionship. Hna Tanner is now with Hna Walker! She is another visa waiter trying to get to Mendoza, Argentina. On Friday night, after only being here in New Orleans for two days, President called to say she got her visa as well! She leaves next Monday. Life with visa waiters can change oh so quickly! 
 
As for other things that happened this week.... I had another surgery! haha. I NEVER thought I would need to have two surgeries while on my mission. This time they burned the nerves in my forehead to stop the pain. The surgery went well and it's definitely helped. Each day I feel a little bit better and a little less pain!15 weeks of a constant headache is not very fun but it's seems as though the end is finally in sight!!!! I feel as though I might have said that before but this time a mean it :) Also, I had two large red dots in my forehead from the needles. It kind of looked like I had four eyes for a few days. haha. 
 
This week we also had Zone Conference. The things that were discussed were Obedience, Unity, Aligning the Keys and stress management. For the past few months we've really been focusing on obedience, unity and aligning the keys so those topics were more of a followup to see how it's going. Stress Management was new though. Apparently the church is coming out with a new booklet for new missionaries that is a 50 page booklet on Stress Management and adjusting to Missionary life. We have access to it online right now and I guess printing begins in August and will be distributed then. I've had a few moment this week to read parts of it. It seems really great and like it help just about every missionary!!! A mission sure is stressful but life is general is stressful and that's okay but it's when that stress turns to distress that it's not okay. 
 
Funny/interesting stories for the week:
- Last Sunday night as we were getting out of the car I dropped my full water bottle on my foot! It hurt so bad and everyone just laughed because it was just a water bottle. But I have a very blue and purple foot right now! haha. I never thought a water bottle could do much damage but it's sure been swollen and bruised all week. 
 
- About 2 weeks ago while at a members house I found out that Nutria Rats are REAL!!!! I've heard the elders talk about them but I thought it was just something that the Elders had made up. But the member informed us that they are real! Back in the 1800's the settlers brought them with them from Europe to sell their fur but when they realized that their fur wasn't valuable they set them all free. They are a danger to the ecosystem here so if you kill one and bring it to the Police Station you receive a $50 reward. Well, on Tuesday night while driving home a few cars ahead of us suddenly stopped and went around something. It was a dying Nutria Rat in the middle of the road rolling around in pain then collapsed onto the ground. We were all freaking out and laughing so hard at the same time!!!!! We literally watched a Nutria Rat die in the middle of the street. It was traumatizing but so funny at the same time. By the way, Nutria Rats are just MASSIVE sized rats so I'm sure mom would love them : ) And no, we did not pick it up to get the reward. $50 is so not worth it! That thing was nasty! 
 
- We've been having crazy thunder and lighting storms almost every day. Utah doesn't get real thunder and lighting storms but Louisiana sure does!!! They are so cool to watch and the thunder just goes on and on and on. At the Metairie Sister's apartment the thunder was so loud that it set all the car alarms off in the parking lot and shook the building! 
 
-Saturday while on exchange with the Metairie Sisters we meet a new investigator at the library. It started off with him giving each of us a hug...... probably the most awkward hug of my life! We as missionaries are soooo weird. It seems so foreign to hug a boy.... I think that means I've been on a mission for awhile :) Also, when we got to one of the study rooms in the library there was a lizard in the room.... I may have screamed when I saw it.... It was a very quite library until that happened :)
 
- Hna Sagers got hit on by a very drunk man! We were standing outside with two of the Elders and he started talking to us. He had a beer in his hand that he had just purchased but he was already very wasted. He said that he only drinks 2 beers everyday before he goes to sleep. The Elders challenged him to start drinking a cup of hot chocolate instead. This lead to him asking what kind of hot chocolate and from where..... then he looked at Hna Sagers, pointed to the sky and said "You are my hot chocolate sent from the heavens." He continued to point to the "heavens" then to himself then to Hna Sagers! It was hilarious. We quickly left after that. He was getting a little too interested in Hna Sagers! 
 
Well I guess that's it for this week! Anybody have any questions for me or things you want me to talk about??
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment