Well, this week seemed like a week of yummy food and parties. haha! It could be worse :)
Here's a "food log" of my week:
- Monday we went bowling for Preparation Day and it was Elder Hernandez's birthday so we ate ice cream. Then went to Super Ceibeno for dinner. Baleatas :)
- Tuesday was Hna Sagers birthday so we all went out to eat at Pei Wei. She loves all things Asian.
- Wednesday Hna Walker and I went to Baton Rouge for Mission Leadership Counsel (MLC) and had a hot dog buffet. Sister Wall does nothing half way! Everything from the table decorations, snacks, drinks, and meal looked straight off of pinterest! There were 5 different stations with the toppings and directions of how to make each type of hot dog. It was intense! We then had a birthday dinner at our Bishop's house for his wife's birthday. We ate delicious tostadas.
- Thursday we had a yummy BBQ at Laura's house for the 4th of July.
- Friday I was on exchange with Hna Toleafoa and we had dinner at Izzo's. It's kind of a mix between Chipotle and Café Rio! It was delicious.
- Saturday we had Zone Training Meeting (ZTM) and we had a picnic lunch in the gym before hand. We all brought our own lunches then we ate as a zone.
- Sunday we went to a member's house from the English Ward and had delicious shrimp scampi pasta! An unusual dinner since we usually eat at Hispanic Members houses.
I have no idea why I felt the need to share with everyone what I ate this week. But I guess it kind of sums up my week!!! haha. But it was a great week filled with lots of missionary work as well as lots of yummy food!
Random tidbits from my week:
- Bowling was so fun on Monday!!! It's been awhile since I had last bowled. I think my lowest was a 66 and my highest was a 131! quite a big difference. I've also never bowled in a skirt before so that was new!
- On Tuesday, Hna Sager and I headed to New Orleans to visit some investigators and members down there. We met this nice lady on the street and talked with her for awhile. She told us all about her life, Hurricane Katrina and how she has the gift of prophecy. She said she doesn't do fortune telling or wee gee boards because that's the devils work but she has the gift of prophecy like the Bible talks about. She kept looking and my left hand then finally asked, "Are you getting married soon?" I immediately responded with no and she asked, "Well are you planning on getting married soon?" I told her that as missionaries we can't date or get married but afterwards we can. She then continued to tell me I'm getting married sooner than I think. hahaha She told me this many times. Hna Sagers and I were dying of laughter by this point. Then Hna Sagers asked, "Well am I getting married soon?" Dolores said no but asked if she was a lawyer! Hna Sager's major and goal is to become a lawyer!!!! Dolores asked if she was going to school to be a lawyer and if she hadn't been thinking about it than she should change her mind because she will be a great lawyer and win many cases!!! We were both a little shocked and astonished that Dolores said anything about her being a lawyer! She sure was a fun woman to talk to. We always seem to meet some fun people when we go downtown.
- Wednesday while we were in Baton Rouge the visa waiters ended up with a flat tire and had to walk 6 miles in the hot Louisiana Sun to get back to the apartment until we could come home and buy a new tube and change it. It was quite the day for them! We seem to be incapable of having one day without some type of catastrophe!
- I finally got to celebrate the 4th of July! It's been a few years since I've been in America for the 4th so that was fun! To bad my family is in London and missed out on the 4th of July again! :)
-On Saturday night Hna Sagers and I witnessed an accident and had to stay around for a bit as witnesses. We met these two friends from Oklahoma that had a few choice words to say about having someone back into their rental car. It's been awhile since I've had to listen to such poor language.
- Last week we had an awesome FHE with Ana and Leah. Ana's other two children were there. They are both in their 20's or 30's and have children. They sure had a lot of questions about this religion that their mom and sister joined! It started off a little rough but by the end we had answered all their questions and we all had a good time. They really love the idea of having a family night and want to continue every week. So we will be having another FHE with them tonight but this time a Pastor's house. (Pastor is Ana's son)
It's been quite the week! Hope everyone has a great week and sends be lots of presents for my birthday!! haha just kidding!!!! But I'm going to be old!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment