Monday, July 15, 2013

So much Love :)

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday and it was fabulous! I sure was spoiled and sick to my stomach from 4 different cakes!!! haha. Yeah, we pretty much just went house to house eating cake for my birthday!

The morning started off by breakfast at a members house. Then we had a super cool birthday miracle :) We found an old investigator!!! Her name is Caroline and I had been teaching her since Christmas time. About two months ago she got a job and was too stressed about time that we weren't able to visit with her for awhile. Two Sundays ago, Hermana Sagers and I went to their apartment to try and see them but the blinds were open and the apartment was empty!!!! My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. The next day we tried to call her cell phone but it had been disconnected. We were unsure of what to do so we decided to stop by her work at Save A Lot and see her there. When we went we were informed that she no longer worked there! I was so sad because she's always been one of my favorite people here but now we had no way to find her. All in one week, she moved, changed her number and lost her job!!! Well yesterday morning after the breakfast as we were leaving and walking back to our car a truck drives by and Hermana Walker yells that was Caroline!!!!!!! I was so excited!!!! Caroline turned around the truck and came out to talk to us!!!! She moved to Fat City a few weeks ago and so we were able to find out were she lives and she wants us to come visit her this week. The Lord sure put us in the right place at the right time so that we could find her again! I was so cool! 
 
After church on Sundays, one of the women makes us a dinner and leaves it in the kitchen for us. But right after church we always have coordination meeting with our ward mission leader and it usually lasts about two hours. Well yesterday after the meeting we went to the kitchen and a few of the Elders had brought a cake! So that was the first cake of the day. 
 
When we left the church we went straight to Ana's house. They had bought me a delicious tres leches cake!! It was her daughter Christina's idea. (Random side note-- The past two weeks we have been having FHE with our recent converts, Ana and Leah and their family. Ana's two other children that live here in Louisiana have joined us and it's been awesome. They are really loving having family night and they say they look forward to it. One of Ana's daughters, Christina, is really trying to change her life right now. Last Monday she began reading a book called "The Power of Now" and it's really changed her perspective on life. She has a lot of things in her past that haunt her and she's scared for the future and has not been finding joy in the journey. She is excited about reading the Book of Mormon and wants to learn more about the gospel )
 
Then we went to Laura's for another delicious cake! We actually went with Laura to the temple on Saturday. Usually we are only allowed to go to the temple when it's a ward activity but we received permission to go with Laura since it was only her second time! As always, it was a wonderful Saturday morning in the temple! But as for the cake... it was a white cake with strawberries and marshmallows. She said it was like a strawberry upside down cake! 

Then we headed to Eddy and Aura's house for dinner and cake. The Kenner Elders joined us there. Eddy and Aura used to be my neighbors when I first came to Kenner but since then we have both moved but still live close. Eddy made a yummy chicken and rice dinner followed by a white cake! They even decorated their house with balloons and streamers! They are so good to us! 
 
My mom actually sent me ingredients to make my usual birthday cake! I think I've had the same cake for my birthday since I was 11. It's a yummy strawberry cake. Well since we knew we were going to be eating at least 3 cakes we decided to wait til later in the week and share it with the Elders as well.
 
So it seems that all I've talked about the last two weeks is my food. haha Oh well!! 
 
Some other things that happened this week
- several doctors appointments because I'm still having issues with headaches. I will be having another "surgery" on Wednesday. I feel bad calling it a surgery because it's not major. It's more like a minor procedure but I will be asleep. They will be doing what's called a radio frequency abrasion to burn off the nerves in my forehead. I hope it helps.
- I went on exchange to Chalmette! It's always fun to visit different parts of the mission.-
-We helped some members move. I never expected to help so many people move while on my mission.
My favorite quote from the week. "I'm not fat. I'm fluffy." -Ana
 
I'm out of time but hope everyone has a great week!! Sorry it was a pretty random email. But thanks to everyone for all your love and support!!!
 
con amor,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment