Well... it's a bit late but I figured it's better late than never :)
So my last P-day in the mission field was spent at the Mardi Gras Parades!
I remember last year while I was at a parade and I caught a cup that gave the dates for Mardi Gras the next 10 years. At that moment I made the realization that Mardi Gras would be my last full day in the mission field and I was ecstatic. It was the perfect way to go out with a bang!!
We started the day at the Zulu parade! This parade is extra special because it is the only parade that throws out special, hand painted coconuts. My only goal for the day was to catch just one coconut and I didn't care about anything else. Everyone had been going on and on about how hard it was to get one of the prized coconuts but I was determined! And I got one from the second float! That kind of made my day :)
After the Zulu Parade we had planned to go to Rex but it had started to rain during the Zulu parade so Rex was delayed. And our mission President had put us on lockdown so we couldn't use our cars due to the poor weather conditions. It sure was not the type of day where you should be outside all day long.
Luckily there was an LDS church right on St. Charles so we stepped in there to dry off and rest up while we waited for Rex to start!
We ended up going to part of Rex then went back inside because it was soooo cold. Then after warming up again we headed back out for the trucks parade.
By the end of all the parades the streets were covered with trash and broken beads.
By the end of the day we were soaked and exhausted but it was such a fun day! One I shall never forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment