Monday, November 4, 2013

Samoan Pride

So in the Louisiana Baton Rouge mission their are only 2 Samoan Sisters. I have now been companions with both of them!!! :) I guess you could say I just love Samoans! 
 
My new companion is Hermana Toleafoa! She was born and raised in Hawaii but her family moved to Utah after she graduated from High School. We were in the MTC together so we came to the Mission Field together. I didn't know her in the MTC though because she was in intermediate spanish but we both served in the New Orleans Spanish Zone for awhile. She has spent the last 11 months in West Bank, which is on the other side of the Mississippi River in New Orleans from where I served in Kenner for 9.5 months. 
 
Last Wednesday we drove up to transfers with the Kellers, the senior couple that is serving here in Morgan City. After transfers, President Wall and the missionaries that are going home attend the temple. President asks that the senior couples come so that there can be a prayer circle (missionaries aren't allowed to be in the prayer circle). Well, since we drove up with the Kellers that meant we had to drive back with them! So we got to attend the temple with President and Sister Wall, all the missionaries that went home this past week and the senior couples in the mission. It was an incredible experience!! I'm just glad I wasn't one of the missionaries going home. I've still got a few months before that happens :) 
 
After the session, President came up to talk to Hermana Toleafoa and I. He called us his Dream Team! I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that but I'm excited to find out! 
 
This week I finished reading The Book of Mormon in Spanish! What a great feeling that was to know that I did it! I worked so hard to read it in Spanish in 60 days. It was an amazing experience and I'm so grateful for that goal that we had as a mission!!

I've also begun to read the Book of Mormon again from the beginning. I've decided to read it with the "lens" of Christlike Attributes. I'm focusing on examples of those that have developed and act in accordance to the Christlike attributes as well as how to develop these attributes. I've only read the first few chapters but I have learned so much! 
 
I think the biggest miracles this week have come in the form of set lessons! We've been working really hard to have set lessons and it has been going great! It feels amazing to have a productive and full day planned then to see it actually happen. The people we visit are always so grateful to know when we are going to come instead of us just dropping by. I feel like having set lessons have helped us become more effective and built stronger relationships with people! We already have 5 set appointments for tomorrow! That is a huge difference from my first few weeks here when we were lucky to have 1 set appointment in a week. I feels amazing to come home exhausted at the end of the day knowing that you gave your best effort and all your energy! 
 
Well, it's been an amazing week! I'm super excited about this new transfer! I have a feeling it's going to be a good one! 
 
I love and miss you all! 
con amor,
Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment