I feel like I just emailed! haha Since my last email was on Wednesday last week.
With the new year, we have a new church schedule. Since the English and Spanish wards are combined for Primary and the youth, the church schedule is weird. The English ward now has the normal schedule from 9-12 and we start at 10:20 with Sunday School first, Relief Society then Sacrament Meeting. This change made church feel so long! But since Sacrament Meeting was last we had a LOT more people there for the Sacrament. Usually most of the ward was late and didn't get there until after the Sacrament last year. So I think this will be a nice change in that aspect.
Caroline and her daughter Jaslyn (2 years old) came to church yesterday for the second time! Caroline and Jaslyn are both loving church. Sacrament was really hard though because Jaslyn had just been playing in Nursery for two hours then had to come and sit quiet. Having Sacrament Meeting last is hard for the little kids and the adults because it makes church seem so much longer.
I can't remember if I've specifically written about Laura before or not but I just love her! She is the first person I met here in Kenner and have just really connected with her since. We helped her and her husband Clark move about 1.5 months ago. Well, Laura went to Costa Rica for the month! I'm so sad. I just love visiting her and her cute family. We saw her Tuesday night then she left on Wednesday. She grew up in the church but left about 10 years ago. (she's 24) She started coming back to church after she had her little girl, Ansley. Right now we are teaching her more about the temple and helping her work towards the temple. I hope she has a nice visit to Costa Rica to visit her mom and family but we sure miss her here.
The past few days have been interesting. We've made awesome plans, back-up plans and back-up back-up plans but everything fell through. We had 4 different people cancel or not show up for 2-3 set appointments. It's was crazy how nothing was working out. But we stayed positive even when people told us things like "Oh I forgot about you." Or we could see them through their window and yet they didn't open the door. (this occurs WAY more than I ever thought it would) President Wall always tells us that "It's about your effort, not the result of your effort." We can't control other people's agency but we can choose our own perspective and way we think about things. With this in mind it was easy to stay positive and focused and happy with how the week went!
Does anyone have anything specific they want to hear about?
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment