Eddy's birthday was Saturday. He didn't want to make a big deal about it but we still tried to make it special. We heart attacked his door! and he loved it. At night Aura invited some people over and we all ate dinner and had cake.
A few weeks ago I mentioned a challenge from Elder Bednar that our district/mission is doing. It comes from a talk that Elder Bednar gave in the mission last January then in the April 2012 Ensign. It's called, The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality. This talk is about the enabling power of the Atonement and it's power. Right now I'm reading the Book of Mormon and underlining every example of the enabling power of the Atonement. I'm still in 1 Nephi but it's been so cool to read the Book of Mormon and look for this examples. I suggest that every at least read the talk by Elder Bednar!
This week I heard a quote by President Ezra Taft Benson about obedience that I really loved. "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." This quote has proved true throughout my life and throughout my missionary service. I know that when we strive to be obedient and keep the commandments and make it our quest, we receive power and blessings!!
I have a favor to ask... We work with a lot of less actives and with these less actives we don't usually share the Missionary lessons found in Preach My Gospel. Instead, we teach from the Book of Mormon, usually sharing a few verses and talking about a principle of the Gospel. I was wondering if everyone would send me a favorite scripture, story or several verses from the Book of Mormon! And why you love the scripture or how it has impacted your life. It's always great to get new ideas of things to share or ways to apply a scripture! Raye Ann, would you mind asking this on my facebook page and send me the responses? Thanks :)
I love you all! Have a great week!
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment