Well it was another wonderful week!!
Thanksgiving was awesome!! It was definitely weird to not be home but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The day didn't feel like Thanksgiving because it was so different from other Thanksgivings. There was no cold weather, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, mashed potatoes and family. But it was still a great day with friends and yummy food. For lunch we went to the Batlle's, who is our ward mission leader. They invited all 14 of the ward missionaries over. It was so fun to go to Mandaville which is where they live. It's on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain and is pretty small and quite compared to Kenner. The roads were small and lined by trees. It reminded me a lot Georgia, especially up by where Aunt Kay and Uncle Gerald live. The food was delicious and had a little Louisiana twist to it with having gumbo. For dessert we had tres leches. Mom would hate this cake but I love it. Tres leches is so moist and dripping with milk. After lunch we played games, shown in the pictures I sent!
Between lunch and dinner we went to visit one of the less active women that we work with. Her name is Hermana Rodriquez and she is really old and she doesn't have family around so we though it would be nice to visit her on the holiday. She was so nice and excited to see us.
For dinner we went to Obispo Bustillo's (Bishop) home with all 14 missionaries again. This was a pretty nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner but there was some turkey and it all tasted. We played a game called Basta. It would take to long to explain but know that it was fun and I tied with Elder Pope for first place!
It was so weird to not go shopping for Black Friday!! I love Black Friday so it was hard to not go shopping and buy new clothes :)
This week I also practiced riding my bike! I figured I should probably learn before I have to ride it all the time. All the sisters have cars but if anything happens to your car and it's in the shop or you lose your driving privileges you have to ride a bike. It was so hard to ride the bike. I'm fine once I start pedaling but getting my feet on the pedals was hard. haha. I district thinks its hilarious that I don't really know how to ride a bike very well. But we got some really funny videos as I was practicing.
President Wall told us that the church is going to cap every mission at 250 missionaries with the new increase of missionaries. Right now our mission is at 150 missionaries including the senior couples. Also, this week Hermana Marks and I are going on exchanges with the traveling sisters! I am so nervous because they only speak English!! This means in the lessons I will be the only one of the companionship able to speak. So crazy! My Spanish is improving but it's not that good yet. I still have such a hard time understanding. I can understand words they are saying but not complete sentences or ideas. Saturday is definitely going to be interesting! Also, we have interviews with President Wall this weekend which I'm super excited for.
Can someone send my Hermana Nordhagen's address? I don't know if I mentioned this before but Tristyn came up with the traveling letter idea before we left. The order is Tristyn, Me, Amanda, Tiffany and back to Tristyn. We all write a letter and send it on then when it returns you take out your old one and put in a new one. I just got the letter again on Friday. It was so exciting. It is so fun to hear from them and hear about their missions. It sounds like they are all doing awesome though!!!
Also, transfers are next week on Wednesday. We find out Monday night if we are being transferred then we have P-day on Tuesday so we can pack and say goodbyes. So don't be waiting for an email on Monday from me because it won't come until Tuesday!
Con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment