You are probably surprised to be receiving a letter tonight but I forgot that since I leave in the morning I got to do laundry tonight. Which means I'm sitting in the laundry room writing a quick email.
Thank you so much for all the letters I received today!!!! I was SHOCKED!!! I was hoping to just receive at least one letter but then received 8 pieces of DearElder (they put several on a page). They were all so cute and thoughtful! And they meant so much to me. I am so excited to head out to the mission field tomorrow but it is nerve racking to leave the MTC. The MTC has been an absolutely amazing experience. I have had the opportunity to meet and know a lot of really amazing people here. I have heard some amazing talks and felt the spirit countless times. My testimony has grown enormously and I have learned so much about so many things. It is scary to leave to comfort of the MTC, a place I have come to love so much.
It hasn't been many days since my last letter but here are some things that have occurred. The speaker for Relief Society yesterday was Sister Dibb!!!! She gave an amazing talk then opened it up for any questions that we might have about her father...the Prophet Thomas S Monson! It was awesome. We then got to meet her afterwards. Once again she was also shocked by my mission call! haha She was so nice and thoughtful.
Today we said goodbyes to our teachers, Hermano Ferguson and Hermana Cutler. It was so sad to say goodbye, especially to Hermana Cutler. She has been an amazing teacher and there hasn't been a single lesson with her that I didn't feel the spirit. I will definitely miss her dearly!
I received the phone numbers and best times to call. I will do my best to call as many people as possible. I purchased 4 phone cards total so I have enough. But I don't know how much time I will have. We are on a pretty tight schedule. I want to talk to everyone but we will see what happens. I am so excited to talk to family tomorrow!
Tomorrow will be an emotional day as I say goodbye to my companion Hermana Andrews and several of my district members (Elder Hunt and Elder Powell are going to LA with me) then talking to family! Then meeting my mission president and arriving in Louisiana! It's going to be a crazy day but I'm so excited for the things that are about to come.
I love you all!!
Con Amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment