Thanks for the package Mom! How did the RCC patient party go?
Time is seriously distorted here in the MTC. Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days!!! What a bizarre week it has been! So many random and unexpected things happened as well as some expected changes.
It all started with laundry last Thursday when one of the Elders in my district, Elder Powell, washed a load of his whites with a pen..... luckily after lots of scrubbing and some bleach he was able to get most of it out. That night I had a terrible charlie horse in the middle of the night. I woke up crying because it was so painful. This has happened several times the past few weeks but none were as bad as this one. I woke up and could barely walk because it was so painful. My companion convinced me to go to the Health Center to get checked out and to see if they had any heating pads or anything to help with the pain. I saw the doctor and he thought it might have to do with the medication I'm on so he did a blood test. Everything was normal but he said my blood sugar was low but that didn't have anything to do with the pain. haha Every suggestion they had to prevent them I've already been doing. (*I was taking 2 of the medication at night but I switched to one in the morning and one at night. Is that okay dad?!? the medication is the sprionolatone*) By Friday night I was still in a lot of pain so I asked the Elders in my district to give me a blessing. It was a really neat experience to have my Elders give me a blessing.
When we got to class after going to the Health Clinic it turned out that one of the Elders, Elder Hunt, had a nose bleed when he got up to direct the song. It got all over his shirt so they went back to the residence to get it out and as soon as he was done cleaning the shirt he got another nose bleed and got it all over his shirt again.
Friday night we also had a ''Sangria Party''. Elder Powell really loves this Mexican drink so we bought everyone one from the bookstore and we all drank them Friday night before Planning. The drink is weird. It kind of smells/tastes like grape juice, vinegar and olive oil. and it''s carbonated.
On Sunday I was called as Coordination Sister. As missionaries the Elders aren't allowed to counsel Sisters so they have Coordination Sisters. Hermana Keanini was the CS but she left for NY NY North on Tuesday. I told her to say hello to the Morgan''s for me! As the Coordination Sister I have lots of Meetings. There are two meetings on Sunday and one on Tuesday nights. Also, when there is a new district there are meetings on Wednesday and Thursday nights. We got a new district yesterday and there are 3 Hermanas!!! Since Hna. Keanini left and the new district had 3, there are just Hna. Andrews and I in our room. So now we have 5 Hermanas total in the Branch. I will be missing all of class tonight because of the meeting with the new district.
Also on Sunday we got to watch the Brigham City Temple Dedication. Several of the Elders in my district had never been to a dedication before so it was really neat. It was also cool to watch a temple dedication now that I have been through the temple. Did you guys get to watch the dedication? President Packer is getting really old but he was hilarious! We watched the 3pm dedication.
On Monday we broke out of this place! :) My companion had to go to the BYU Health Clinic so we got to leave the MTC. It was the first time out of the MTC in 5 weeks besides to walk to the temple! It was so weird to think that I haven't left about a 1,000 foot radius in 5 weeks. It was also crazy to sit in the waiting room for an hour and watch the news!!! It's so weird to not know what is going on in the world. I saw that there is an iPhone 5? Is it cool? Are you guys going to get one? I saw a lot of political debates since the elections are coming up. There was also a lot of news about the Middle East. Like the fact that Syria is at war and the US ambassador in Lybia was killed. Pretty crazy stuff going on in the world these days.
Thanks for the letters abouts the caffeine issues. We don't really get very good info here sometimes. Sounds like nothing has really changed.
I love the new Mormon Message that came out this week. I believe it's called "The Will of God''. It's based on a talk given by Elder Christofferson at the April 2011 conference. The Mormon Message and the talk are both really good and really powerful! You all should take a few moments and watch it!
Yesterday we had an amazing lesson with our investigator Lesbia! We were finishing teaching Lesson 2 which is the Plan of Salvation. We talked about how through the Plan of Salvation families can be together forever. Hermana Andrews and I sang the song in Spanish to her and it really invited the spirit. We testified that families can be together forever and the importance of that knowledge in our lives then showed her pictures of our families. It was a really neat experience. We then challenged her to be baptized. My heart was pounding so hard as I was saying the baptismal invite! It was so nerve racking but the spirit was just so strong. It's amazing that even though our investigators are just our teachers acting like an investigator they had on their mission, we can still feel the spirit so strong in lessons and it doesn't seem fake while you are in the lessons. The experiences are so real and we are learning so much from them.
This morning I woke up with a sore throat. At least I made it 5 weeks without getting sick.... :( I went to the health clinic this morning just to make sure it wasn''t strep and thankfully it''s not.
Also this morning Hna. Andrews and I did initiatories at the temple. It was a really cool because I hadn''t been since I went for myself! I forgot so much of what happens just because the first time is so overwhelming.
Have fun in Burley Mom and Dad. Tell Grandma and Grandpa and Wayne and Nancy and everyone else I say hello!
Hope everyone is doing well! I love you all!
Con Amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment