I'm loving the MTC. This week has been much better! (The Elders in my district have actually been trying to include us and not just ignore us so that has been nice! We were actually included in making decisions and not just told things as an after thought or informed from someone outside of our district that we had a district goal and everyone had completed it, yet H. Andrews and I had never been informed we even had a district goal.... . Yeah, It was really bad last week but things are looking up. Thankfully it has gotten better after a chat with the Zone Leaders)
I am loving the pictures and emails from China. Seems like such a cool place and I'm sorry about the brick bed. That does not sounds like fun.China looks very different than any other place we've ever been. How did the meetings go with the government people and doctors about setting up a clinic? I can't remember exactly what you said about it.
My district is now down to 6 people which is really sad. Elder Frame and Elder Hales left for the Guatemala MTC on Tuesday. (They were my favorite so it was really sad to see them go.) Since Elder Hales was the district leader we got a new one on Sunday. The new district leader is Elder Mckinnon.
I love the new district that came in last week. They are awesome and since it's 11 Elders in their district they love us Hermana's!
My freshman roommate Sister Stahly left on Monday for France. It was sad to see her go because I have loved seeing her around the past few weeks. She is just so great.
I didn't see Amanda much this week but I did run into her at lunch today. Turns out she got bumped up to intermediate Spanish so our schedules are really different now. She seems to be loving the switch but it was hard to say goodbye to her old district and companion. I also saw her cousin Katie while I was on the way to the temple this morning. Katie went to Jordan so I knew her a little and she is putting her papers in soon so that is exciting.
The Spanish is coming along nicely! I taught the Restoration lesson in full Spanish for the first time Monday and then to our other investigator yesterday. I was so proud of myself. Usually in the lessons I haven't talked very much because I have a really hard time understanding which makes it hard to respond. But this week was great and I feel like I've made some serious progress. Now I just have to learn the vocab to teach the Plan of Salvation. haha that should be interesting. Our investigator Lesbia has been super difficult to teach. Yesterday was our Fourth lesson with her and she finally agreed to pray out loud. I was so happy I wanted to cry. I know the investigators aren't real since they are just our teachers. But at the fireside last week the speaker said, "Though the investigator's aren't real, the experiences are." I have found that to be so true. The teachers act as someone who they had as an investigator on their mission. My heart just breaks for Lesbia and her story! Lesson's with Diego have gone really well though. He is very open and accepts everything with an open heart. It's interesting to see the contrast between our two investigators and it's nice because no two investigators will ever be the same.
So this week was the anniversary of 9/11. It was really interesting to talk to the Elders in my district about it. They remember so few details about that day. I remember it all. I remember sitting on the bus so excited to go to the circus in DC then our principal coming out sobbing and our teacher telling us all to get off the bus. I remember walking into the school and seeing the tvs in the front office and realizing what was happening. Then the months that followed and the security changes and everything else that occurred. On Tuesday for the Devotional it was Elder Carlson from the Seventy that spoke. He was in the Pentagon on 9/11. He talked to us about his experience. It was so powerful to hear him talk. He was a General and worked in National security. He said to "Always remember and Never forget." He also said we need to serve our missions in a way that will make every praying member proud and our moms proud :)
Sunday's fireside was also really awesome. Elder Heaton spoke. He works in the Education Department here at the MTC. I guess he reviews and produces all the learning materials and curriculum. He called up two missionaries. Elder Rogers and Elder Matthew. Turns out they are both from Australia and came to the MTC together. Elder Matthew is a convert and was converted by Elder Rogers last year and now they are in the MTC together. It was really neat to hear their story. Elder Matthew had been going on splits with the missionaries before he had even had the discussions or been baptized! So crazy.
I received the notice that my package arrived but I haven't had time to pick it up yet. I'm going to get it right after I send the email. Thanks for getting me the watch and calender. Sorry it was so hard to find a calendar. It's so hard to not have my phone. Not for texting or social media but because I never know what time is it or what day it is!!! I also received the robe last week! It's perfect. Thank you.
My district and I have heard about 5 times now how big Dodger is getting! I better get a picture soon! haha Let me know when Jenn has the baby! I'm so excited for you Jenn and I hope everything goes well for you and the baby!!!!!
The food here at the MTC isn't too bad but it's not Mom's cooking either! :) There is junk food everywhere! Desserts at every meal and everyone is constantly receiving packages with tons of candy and stuff. It's kind of hilarious. One of the districts in our zone left this week and they past down a 35 pound box of junk food to the Elder's in my district. haha Since there are only 3 of us in our room the extra closet has become our "pantry". There is some healthy stuff in it but it's mostly candy and popcorn!
Thanks for all the Dear Elder's! I love getting letters!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
Con amor,
Hermana Blauer
No comments:
Post a Comment