This week was a week filled with service. From school projects, to garage sales, to prep for the citizenship test, to English class, to helping people translate legal documents. But it was all super fun! And we had a few lessons thrown in there too. Fun fact of my mission.... yesterday was the first time I've taught the Law of Chastity in the mission field! haha. pretty crazy. I don't know how I went through almost my entire mission without teaching it. But it went well since she is already married! and she is preparing to be baptized on the 22nd! Her name is Caroline and I've been teaching her on and off since my 2nd transfer in the field. So for over a year now. It has been incredible to see her gain a testimony and to come unto Christ! She is like a new person and just has a light about her! I'm so excited for her! I have loved being able to teach her for almost my entire mission!
In other news, I've decided that I'm going to Costa Rica.... one day :) I've always had a desire to go to Costa Rica but this week a member, Laura, showed us pictures... yeah it just confirmed the fact that Costa Rica is gorgeous and I want to go. Especially to Rio Celeste where the salt water from the ocean meets the water from the volcano and creates this amazing color in the water. And to the black sand beach. And spend a night in a "treehouse" hotel in the middle of the rainforest. So not the things I should be concerned about but just sayin..... who wants to go with me???? :)
Anyway.....
Yesterday we taught Primary! when had no idea what age we were teaching when we got to church be we ended up teaching the 5 year olds about choosing the right! They were so stinking cute and had the funniest answers to everything! And I finally got to use the CTR rings that mom sent me like a year ago. But it was funny because the primary is combined with the English and Spanish wards and I only had the Spanish HLJ rings. But the English kids loved them anyway. Afterwards we saw one of the little English boys run up to his mom and show her the ring while saying, "Haz lo justo" so stinking cute!!!
So what is everyone up to for Valentine's Day? I'm getting Botox :)
yay for headaches.
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment