Monday, December 10, 2012

It's December and It's HOT!

Pictures aren't great this week, Sorry :)
  1. My new planner for this transfer
  2. Not a great picture, but this is all the primary kids singing at the nativity
  3. Terrible quality picture but I'm sending it anyways! haha. Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus at our live nativity.
It's been a good and interesting week! Busy busy busy as always! It's amazing how many things occur on a day to day basis and it's hard to keep track sometimes. I would lose my mind if I didn't have a planner! Let me know if there is anything specific you want to hear about!
 
So here goes a few of the highlights from this week:
 
I was told I have a really good accent!!!!!!! This was soo exciting to hear. Sometimes I just feel like such a faker when I speak Spanish since I don't want to sound so white. haha. We were having a lesson with a less active, Estefannia and after I said the prayer she told me a have a really good accent. The rest of the lesson with her was interesting because her husband was arrested by immigration last Wednesday night. This is not an uncommon occurrence with those that I work with or know or their friends here. It's sad and a big part of life here. I've been surprised how open people are with whether they are legal or have papers. Anyway, we ended up sharing Mosiah 24 with her about being strengthen in our trials. She has great faith and is staying strong through this difficult time. Her husband has a court date for today, so we will see what happens.
 
We were finally assigned an area!!! Since the Spanish Sisters are new we didn't have an assigned area to work but have just been working with the single women and assignments from ward leaders. We now have an area to go tracking and finding and lots of fun stuff. We mapped it out and we have one active family, 2 less active women and 2 less active single men in our area. We've got lots of work to do!! It's so exciting to have a specific "area of the vineyard"!
 
I received a letter from Hermana Andrews! (my MTC companion) I just love her! She is doing really great. Her trainer was Leah Clayton. Raye Ann and I actually went to High School with her and had a couple classes. It's a small world!
 
We had a Stake Christmas Activity Saturday night. We all gathered in the Chapel to hear a High School Choir. They were all black and super amazing. I wished they had gone on for longer because they were soooo good! Afterwards, Stake President Stock said a few words. Then we went out to "Bethlehem" They had a live nativity, and read the story of His birth and we sang a bunch of Christmas Carols. We then heading back into the gym for hot chocolate and treats. The 3 wise men handed out gifts to the children instead of Santa. There were sooo many missionaries there! It's amazing how many missionaries there are in the stake. Just of Spanish missionaries there were about 20. It's awesome.
 
With transfers last week we got a new zone leader. Elder Gillett and Elder Pope are the zone leaders now. It's going to be interesting to see what they do in a few weeks. On the 27th there are a bunch of missionaries going home 3 weeks early so they can be home in time to start school.
 
On the Mormon Channel they have a new music video. It's O Come, Emmanuel by The Piano Guys and it's amazing!!! If you haven't watched it yet, you should!!
 
I've been working on some family history! It's really fun! I adding some names unto new.familysearch.org. I was missing everyone from Grandma McAlister on down. I've added some names to the temple list. I didn't do any recent living members since I thought we might want to do those ordinances ourselves...? The ones I added to the temple lists are from the 1500s, and 1600. Also, I can't find any of my siblings on there? Do none of you have an account or something?
 
Looks like I will be singing a solo in Spanish on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting.... I'm terrified. haha. All the missionaries are singing and Hermana Marks is playing the piano so I'll be the only women voice. Hna. Urbina (music coordinator) asked me to sing the first verse alone. We are singing, O come all ye faithful. Should be interesting.
 
I love you all!

con amor,
Kim
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment