- Edy and Aura. Our AWESOME neighbors!
- Hna. Marks and I. With the Palm trees in someones yard that we were visiting.
- the perfect example of companionship unity. Elder Griffin got hit by a car and sprained his wrist really bad. So Elder Nelson was helping him eat at FHE last night.
- Los Elderes at FHE last night. We were at the Urbina's house. Hno. Urbina is the one is orange and he is in the Bishopric.
- Another picture I took of the cemetery but on Hna. Marks' camera
- Aura, Hna. Marks and I with the Christmas Tree.
- Yet, another run in with a lizard. This time it was during a lesson!
I'll be spending my Christmas here in Kenner! Hermana Marks and I will be staying the same this transfer.
I really thought I would be transferred President Wall called Sunday night to get the number of one of the sister and as I was about to hang up he said, "I'll talk to you tomorrow." I was freaking out thinking I was getting transferred then last night Elder Nelson called to say we are staying the same. We were both in shock! I don't know if I can handle the emotional roller-coaster of transfers every 6 weeks! haha
Update on Hermana Marks' father: He is going to be okay. But he has a looooong road of recovery. They are looking at several surgeries but some things need to heal on their own first before they can do the surgeries.
I received a lovely Holiday pillowcase from the Bishopric and a letter from Sister Burgess! I was super excited to receive those and it was so nice of them!
On Friday we had Zone Training. President Wall stepped for a minute to announce that our zone and the English NO zone will be singing the National Anthem at the Hornet's game in January!!!!!!!! We are all SO excited about this!!!!!!! We also focused on a Christmas message at Zone Training. They want us to really use Christmas as a finding tool since most people would love to hear a Christmas message. We worked on planning a Christmas message then did some practices. We also are prepping for a member of the Seventy to come in January. Elder Packer of the Seventy (not President Packer) is coming!
This past Saturday we went on exchange with the Traveling Sisters. I was soooo nervous since they don't speak Spanish that meant that I would be the only one in the lessons that spoke Spanish. It turns out that Sister Johnson got super sick in the middle of the night. We ended up teaching a lesson to Fifi, one of the young women, and all the young women speak English since they go to school. I did have to answer the phone and I was so nervous. Amazingly, I understood everything in that phone conversation. Understanding people in Spanish is so hard but then you add in over the phone and it's almost impossible sometimes!
After church on Sunday our Stake President, President Stock met with all the missionaries of our ward and the ward mission leader. It was a unplanned meeting, he just joined in the end of our coordination meeting. He is a really nice man! He talked a lot about his focus is getting baptisms and ours(as the missionaries of the ward) is in "rescuing" and strengthening the ward. We have a more formal meeting with him on Wednesday night with the Stake Presidency and the ward leaders from the Spanish Ward.
Did you guys watch the Christmas Devotional on Sunday? I absolutely loved it! It was so nice to hear the words of the First Presidency and the music from MoTAb.
con amor,
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment